Chapter 43: The ex- continued

Roman's POV:

I'm sitting in my office, working on daunting paperwork. Dia is at Gold Key, one of the waitresses called in sick, so Dia is filling in. Like she always does.

My phone goes off, and its Tom.

"Roman, Diamond asked for you to send 14 guys over. There is a group of 15 marines she wants to teach a lesson about rules."

Of course she does. My wife is all about lessons. We went to spar, and she taught me a lesson, 'Don't mix sparring and foreplay, she'll win.'

"Of course Tom. I'll send them." I texted back.

"Antonio!" I called out. He pops his head in the door.

"Take you and 13 others over to Gold Key, Dia wants to teach some marines a lesson." Tony smirks at me, and nods.

Back to daunting paperwork. I'm sure Dia will teach them a lesson after closing. It's unusual, I'm normally very possessive, but with Dia I'm not. It's not like she would let me be anyway. I also don't worry about her in fights, she can handle her own.

Hours later, I'm getting ready for bed. Its closing time for Gold Key. My phone goes off, and I figure its Dia saying she is heading home. I head to the shower, to wash off the day.

"Sir!" Someone pounds on my door. "Sir!" More banging.

I quickly get out of the shower, and wrap a towel around my waist. I answer the door to see one of my new guys, I don't remember his name. I see Dia's brother, Levi, behind him with a scowl on his face.

"What?!" I screamed. The new guy starts shaking. Levi throws him aside, and pulls a gun out.

"You are in the damn shower, while my sister is getting the shit beat out of her!" He points the gun in my face. "Get dressed. I'm leaving to help."

I panic, what is he talking about. I sent 14 guys, and Tom is there. Shit, the lesson, Dia must have gotten in over her head. Why are my guys not stopping it!

Diamond's POV:

I passed out. I wake up when I hit the ground.

"Not so tough anymore, are you little girl?" I get spat on.

"Who wants to take turns on her?"

"No thanks, she probably has too many diseases." That was Dean's voice. I'm still laying on the ground. I'm willing my body to move, but it won't.

"Don't bother trying to move. It will take you a minute or two." Someone behind me says. I let rage consume me. I let my adrenaline spike.

One of my chronic illnesses has to do with my adrenaline, so I know what to do, to make it spike. Usually I try to keep calm, so it doesn't.

With my adrenaline spiking. I will myself to get up. I make it to my knees. Then stand up. I take a few calming breaths, so I can focus, but still remain with enough adrenaline to stay alive.

Why hasn't Roman come? He should be here now. I hear screaming. There are more marines. It's like an entire platoon was here. They have my girls by the hair.

"Ladies, are you okay? Breathe, like I taught you." I call out to my girls. "Leave my girls alone. They aren't part of this!" I yell at the men.

"They are now. Guess they should have left." A guy snickers. I see my men unconscious, with Tom. Ant is one of them! Shit! This isn't good.

I keep extra guns under the bar, and a panic button. I need to get to the bar, but how. I'm surrounded. I finally think of it!

"Fine, at least let me have a drink before y'all do what you want to me?" I let my head hang, and shoulders slouch. Mind games.