Chapter 19: Engagement party

Roman's POV:

I am finally getting to introduce my bride to be. I am nervous and excited. All the families will be here. I much prefer her family game night. I know Diamond will be perfect. She fits into this life perfectly. She has elegance, grace, she demands respect, she has power behind her words, and actions. I am worried some of the families won't accept her as my queen, because she is an outsider, but she won't let that stop her. She will make them see she was born to rule, beside me.

"Ready Roman?" In my doorway is my beautiful fiance'. She has on her gown, which she custom designed, how did I get so lucky?

"Yes my love, you look ravishing as always." I stroke my fingers down her arms, until I reach her hands. I pick them up and kiss them.

Diamond's POV:

Roman is running his hands down my arms. I just wish this moment could last forever. Roman had told me about the fight between him and Tom. I called Tom, and for everything worked out. He was so happy and excited that we are getting married.

We walked toward the ballroom where the party was being held. I was starting to get nervous. I never get nervous! My sweet Roman though, could feel it.

"Hey, deep breath, we got this. We can handle anything together." He gave me a peck on the lips and I nodded. We both took a deep breath, and stepped towards the stairs. The ballroom was two stories. The way Roman and I entered was from the upper level. The grand wide marble steps led into a wide open room. The center of the floor is where most everyone was standing, it was also where people could dance. To the sides were tables, decorated for people to sit and eat, and talk. Dinner was catered. Amelia asked me of I wanted to help plan anything. I told her the only things I cared about was that it was to have Emerald green, with sparkles and it to be simple, but not understated. She was fine with this.

As Roman and I entered. Everyone one hushed, and gasped. My dress was simplistic, but gorgeous. My thigh was exposed, and I had on silver t-strap ballroom shoes. My dark purple hair had been curled into large perfect waves. My makeup I did myself. Even though Isabella swore the lady could do it, I wouldn't let someone that close to my eyes with sharp objects. I did a simple silver glitter smokey eye, with purple eyeliner. I did a dark plum lip, and simple blush. No foundation or highlighting. I wanted my freckles to show.

Roman and I descended the stairs, and when we got to the bottom I could hear people whispering. There was a group of women I heard first.

"I heard she is a stripper, and Roman is only marrying her because he was pressured to find a wife." On woman whispered to the rest. They gasped. Note to self, set straight the women. I turned my attention to the group of men to our left.

"Somehow, this broad was able to charm her way into not only Roman's heart, but Tom's, and Randall's. I've heard heard she has the guards wrapped around her finger." I smirked at his words. Made another mental note, to put that group of men in their place. I saw a man in the crowd glaring me down. He was young, well about Roman, and my age. He had dark hair and dark eyes. He is tall and tanned.

Roman pulls me out of my gaze, and I realize I have been glaring back at the man. His eyes held nothing but discontent, and anger. Roman introduced me to several people, mostly the heads and elders of neigherboring Mafias. I found out my Roman, wasn't just head of his mafia, but also of all of them. My Roman, basically controlled all of the mafia families.

Roman excused himself to discuss business with someone.

"Hey, they don't think women should be part of the business. After we are married we will show them, that you are no ordinary woman. I love you Mia cara." I nodded and he kissed my head.