Chapter 35: Arrival of the in-laws

Roman'sPOV:

"This world is your playground
But you're bored of everything, whoa-oh-oh
You're blue as an ocean
Like the diamonds on your ring, yeah, whoa-oh-oh
Got a Maserati in your ten-car garage-y
But none of that gon' make you happy
But you keep trying all these lies that you're buying
Oh Lord" Diamond was signing, and swaying her hips in the kitchen. She had her back turned to me.

"Oh! Roman, you scared me!" I smirked at her. She was beautiful. No makeup, baggy long sleeved tshirt, my pajama pants that are too big on her on. She had gotten up to have her late night snack.

"How long have you been there?" She looked shy.

"Long enough to see my beautiful bride-to-be cooking, singing, and dancing." I winked at her, and wrapped my arms under hers. I swear I forget how short she is.

"What were you listening to?" She had stopped the music.

"Blue Diamonds by Matthew Parker. It's about how buying things won't make you happy. You will still be as blue as your blue diamonds." She winks at me. I can't help but smile at this woman.

Her phone starts ringing, it is saying 'Your brother is attempting to reach you on your cellular device.' I laugh.

"Hey Bub!"

"What do you mean?" Then she growls.

"Put him on the phone!"

"Let him through!"

"Seriously!? Do not make me come down there, I will knock the daylights out of you!" She growls again and hangs up.

"Kitten, what's wrong?" She storms passed me. Someone is going to die, it won't be me. I follow her. She is running across the gravel drive barefoot. I shake my head.

"Open it!" She barks, and my guards jump. When the gate opens, I see a little red Mazda Miata in front of it. There is a man leaning against the hood of the car with his arms crossed. He is dark tan, black hair, glasses. Shit he has a gun. Before I can reach her, she tackles the car in a bear hug. He hugs her back.

"Hi Sis!" He says, it's one of her brothers.

"Sister!" Her largest brother comes up from behind the car.

"Diamond!!!!!!!" A little bitty skinny girl cries out. I guess her family made it.

I can't hear what they are saying, but  I'm sure they are catching up. She glares at my guard. He looks apologetic, but she starts talking to him. He looks to me, and I just shrug.

We all get inside, luckily Diamond doesn't kill anyone.

"Roman, do you remember meeting my brothers?" Dia looks at me. I scratch the back of my neck.

"Honestly, no. So much has happened since then." She rolls her eyes.

"Levi is the dark tan one with glasses, Caleb aka CJ is the big tall one, his wife Beatrice. Levi is 23, CJ is 18, Beatrice is 21." I nod and shake their hands.

"Sis, is there some place I can smoke a cigar, and have some whiskey?" Levi asks. Her brother smokes and drinks whiskey.

"Sure, outside." Dia crosses her arms and gives him a glare. I stick my hands in my pajama pockets, hoping she doesn't find out I smoke in my office. Levi sighs.

"Really sis, you haven't seen me in how long, and you want to get salty over me smoking a cigar."

"You still have the Cubans I sent you?" She pops an eyebrow, with a mischievous smile. She sent him cubans?