Chapter 26: The day of the ball

Diamond's POV:

I woke up in Roman's room. He wasn't in the room. I went to his bathroom and went pee. I found some mouth wash, and used it really quickly. I went back to the bed, and found a note.

"If you wake before I return, please wait. I will be back. Love, Roman." I curled back up in bed. His bed was so comfortable. I slept amazing last night, best sleep I have had in years. I heard the door knob twist. I pretended to be asleep. I slowed my breathing, and shut my eyes.

"Mia cara, I know you are awake. You moves the note." I smiled.

"Maybe I saw it and went back to sleep?" I pulled up an eyebrow, still smiling, with my eyes still closed.

"I brought you breakfast. You had a rough night, hows your leg." When Roman said I had a rough night, everything came crashing back. The cowering to him, the breaking stuff, stuttering, kissing him again, letting him in.

"Calm down Diamond. It's okay. Breathe." I heard Roman's voice, and took a deep breath.

"I won't hurt you, I promise. I love you. You should eat. Isabella has plans for you two today." I looked at Roman. What if he told Isabella about last night. What if everyone knows. I let go, and let my emotions get the best of me, shit. How could I be so stupid.

"Breathe, I didn't tell her about it. That is between us, she doesn't need to know." Did he read my mind? How?

"Your face is saying everything you see thinking." Great, just great. I lost my game face too? I heard Roman laughing.

"What?" I asked.

"You look like you are having an argument with yourself." He laughed.

"Well I kind of was. I let my guard down with you, and now have lost my game face." I slapped my hand over my mouth. I lost my filter too!? Roman starts laughing.

"Ah! Now I have lost my filter, game face, and let my guard down. What have you done with me?!" Roman started laughing harder.

"Oh, I'm so glad you find this funny." I couldn't help but smirk. Then I started laughing.

"I love your laugh. Its angelic." Roman smiles. His smile is perfect. Cute dimples, perfect teeth.

"I'm super jealous of your perfectly straight teeth." I clamped my hand down on my mouth again.

"I have no filter, at all. This is bad." I have no filter!

"You are jealous of my teeth, why? Miss I have no filter."

"Because they are straight. Mine are slightly crooked, plus one is chipped." I looked at him unsure.

"We can get your teeth fixed mia cara." He smiled at me. I felt super shy, and timid. I'm in love with him.

"Diamond. Why are you in Roman's room? Did you guys finally do the nasty!?" Isabella was chipper.

"No, Isabella. Katherine showed up and stabbed Diamond in the leg. We slept together, only sleeping after dealing with Katherine." Roman answered for me.

"Are you okay? Where is she? I'm going to kill her!" Isabella was flustered.

"Her father took her. Calm down, and take Diamond to get ready." Roman answered for me again.

"I love you, I'll see you this evening." He went to kiss me on my forehead, and walk away. I grabbed his hand.

"I love you, but kiss me?" He smiled, and leaned down to kiss me. His kiss was tender, loving.

He left and Isabella came and sat on the bed.

"Did she stab you bad?"

"No, it just needed to stitches, your brother did them." She looked surprised.

"Roman stitched you up? He usually has people do that for him." I laughed at her comment

"Well it was him do it, or me do it."

"You really love him don't you?" I snapped my head to her, and nodded.

"Well come on, we have appointments to get to." Isabella pulled on my arm.

"Oh no, gravity is increasing, I can't move! Ugh, help me Isabella, before gravity increases on you!" I pulled against her, and she started giggling.

"Ah, I'm pulling you in with me. Ah, oh no. Tickling must ensue!" I started tickling her. She was luagjing and fighting against me. After he begging me to stop I finally stopped.

"Come one sweet little sister, let's get ready for our appointments." I've never had a sister, and the people that were like sisters to me left. It felt good to have her. I was actually looking forward to getting ready with her. She was only 16 even though she looked 21, and had two older brothers.

Roman's POV:

After a long day of work, which I held away from Diamond. She needed a war free, drama free, work free day with Isabella and mom.  I let her be just a girl today. Seeing her so vulnerable last night really opened my eyes to how much she puts on a front.

"Roman? Can I talk to you?" It was Isabella.

"What's wrong Isa?"

"Well, its Diamond." This made my heartbeat quicken.

"What happened?" I was worried.

"Nothing, calm down. She is just different. She tickled me, and talked. We actually had fun. She was like a real sister today. Is she, is she okay?" I calmed down, and smiled.

"Yes Isa, she just finally let her guard down around us. She is fine." Isa nodded, and walked out.

It made me happy she was getting along with Isa. Isa doesn't really have friends. The other family girls want to be her friend for power. They want to use her. She was homeschooled, same as me, so no school friends. She won't go to college, because of the risk. Time to get ready for the ball.

After getting dressed I waited by the front door. The ball is for all mafia families. It was hosted by us. It is the one night that no war, or work will be done. It is held on neutral ground. Rivals, enemies, friends all go. We take one night a year to be civil.

I heard heels clicking on the floor. I stood with my father, waiting on the women. Isa came out first. She had on a silver fitted dress. Her light brown hair was pulled up and curled. She had on subtle makeup. Then my mother came out. She had on a dark green dress with lace. She had her dark hair curled, and swept away from her face. Her makeup was natural, but still more apparent the Isa's.

Diamond stepped out, and she was magnificent. She had on a black lace dress. It was a corset top, that made her cleavage more apparent. She bottom was lace over tulle, with obvious slits. She had on black boots. He hair was lighter, and very purple, but straight. She had a smoky eye, and plum lipstick on. She had rosy cheeks. She was wearing the choker I got her. She walked over to me.

"You know, it's not polite to stare." She raised up her hand and closed my jaw, that I didn't realize was open

"Cat got your tongue my love?" She called me her love! She was sexy, elegant, beautiful.

"Time to leave." My Fathers deep voice snapped me back.

"I can't help staring at someone so beautiful." She smiled and blushed.