Tummy Aches

(I'm gonna say this is Plance, 'cause why not)

"Guys! It's a space donkey!" Lance called to the other paladins.

"There is no such thing you dum- oh my God you're right!" Pidge yelled. The two of them ran to the animal and started petting it. Shiro was nervous. He wasn't sure if it was safe.

"Guys, come on. We have to complete the mission. It comes first," scolded Keith.

"Screw off emo," Pidge snapped. "doesn't my happiness matter too?"

"Yes, of course, but we have to go," Hunk added impatiently.

"May I speak with you Pidge?" asked Lance.

Lance was staring at her with empathy and concern. He stood from the donkey and took hold of Pidge's hand and led her away from the other paladins.

"Are you... on your... thing?" he asked awkwardly.

Pidge just threw her arms around his waist and hugged him. Lance could feel her shuddering and shaking and he realized that she was crying.

"I'm sorry," she choked out. "I didn't mean to be mean to Keith. But I'm not happy. With anything. My brother is missing, I have to put up with you and Keith fighting all the time, my tummy hurts all the time, and no one knows what I'm feeling. Heck, I don't even know what I'm feeling and everything makes me mad!"

Lance just stroked her hair. He had sisters of his own back on Earth, so he knew exactly what she was feeling.

"It's okay. We can finish the mission, you can shoot a bunch of baddies, and then we can go back to the Castle of Lions, Hunk will make you some food, and you can lay on the couch. I'll even let you play on the game system, okay?" Lance offered.

Pidge just sniffled as she nodded, and wiped the still forming tears from her eyes. They walked back to the rest of the group and earned a couple of questioning looks from Shiro and Keith. Hunk, of course, knew Pidge and didn't dare say anything to them.

They completed their mission successfully and after Pidge had taken her anger out on the Galra enemies, she was feeling a lot better. They returned to the Castle and Lance requested that Hunk make the biggest and best meal that he had ever made. When he came out with a large feast, Pidge made to get up, but Lance pushed her back down.

"We're all gonna eat in the lounge tonight," Lance stated.

"But--" Shiro started, but was cut off by Lance.

"We're eating... in here." Lance gave him a death stare.

"Fine," Shiro complied. He sat across from Lance and Pidge. Keith sat on the other side of Pidge. She kicked her legs on his lap, and laid her head onto Lance's. He didn't try to stop her. Hunk set the food on the coffee table between them all and Allura came out with plates and cutlery.

The week went by smoothly. Lance and Keith made an attempt to bicker less for Pidge's sake. And Hunk made extravagant meals. Lance tried to cheer up Pidge whenever he could and Shiro stopped her from training too hard. She also slept lots. Truth be told, she was happy that Lance helped her out. But she would never admit it.