Hanahaki

Pidge woke up one morning, or as close to morning as you can get in outer space, covered in flower petals. She knew something was wrong. She had watched enough anime to know what was happening. It had to have been that damn flower she sniffed. The planet they had landed on was covered in venomous plants.

Pidge, being the Paladin of Nature, decided it would be an amazing idea to study up on the things that gave her and her Lion the energy they needed to win battles.

Allura had given them a run down on each plant, but there was something about this plant that drew Pidge in. It's sickly sweet aroma filling her head with thoughts of cotton candy, and bubble baths and... Keith? No.

Pidge walked towards the flower, absolutely mesmerized by the bright pink petals. They started a deep fuchsia at the center, and the colour lightened all the way out to the tips, where they reached a vibrant, almost neon pink.

Somehow, all the warnings Allura had filled her head with jumped out, and her only thought was, smell the flower, it's good for you.

Clearly not, thought Pidge as she looked around at all the flowers she must have thrown up throughout the night. Pidge took in a deep breath.

"It's okay. I can get through this." I just have to hide it from my team until Keith likes me back. "Oh fuck." She took a double take on all the flowers surrounding her. "I've really got it bad. And... for Keith?"

Pidge got out of bed, throwing her covers everywhere as she struggled to untangle herself from the sheets. Flower petals fell as she stood and she angrily marched to the shower.

Before she could even reach the shower in her room, she keeled over in pain, clutching her stomach and wondering how she had not woken up throughout the night from the sharp pains in her stomach. She was forced to open her mouth as the flowers pushed their way to the top of her throat.

He will never love you, a voice hissed. The same voice, Pidge realized, as the one telling her to smell the flower yesterday. You will live in this pain, until you die!

"No," Pidge said softly. "No, no, no!"

Pidge screamed in pain as she retched up another mouthful of flowers. Pidge pushed herself into the shower, suddenly smelling the sick scent of the flower from the day before. The aroma encapsulated her entire body, giving the disgusting, candy-like smell a body to travel with. Pidge turned on the shower and stepped in, without removing her clothes, allowing the scalding water to run along her, soaking the clothing she had fallen asleep in, as she had not bothered to change before going to sleep.

Never! the voice hissed again. Pidge screamed in agony, slamming her fist into the wall and feeling the shock reverberate through her bone. The pain in her arm was nothing compared to what she felt in her stomach, her heart, her mind.

Your mind is supposed to be your own, it is not something someone else should be able to infiltrate. They should not be capable of making you think thoughts that aren't your own.

"Pidge!? Are you okay? Whats's going on?" Lances voice rang through her room, the sound echoing into the bathroom. Pidge wanted to tell him to leave, but opening her mouth brought another bought of the poisonous, ill fating flowers, and as they spilled throughout the shower, falling from Pidge's hair and onto the wet, tile floor, all Pidge could feel was the pain, aching throughout her chest. She leaned her head against the smooth tile wall.

You will be alone forever. No one can love you! If you want this to end, you must take matters into your own hands! If he won't love you, find someone who will!

"Lance," she breathed. "You have to leave."

"Pidge? Where are you?" Lance's words rang in her ears. His voice was so smooth. And the way he said her name.