Missing

(Plance)

Lance woke up on his own.

This wouldn't be an issue, had he not fallen asleep next to Pidge. The two had spent the night playing video games, and he'd passed out before they beat the last level. Sure, there was always the possibility that she would have left, but there was almost no way that she would have woken up before Lance, her being a late riser.

Lance opened his door with a swoosh, and slowly wandered into the kitchen, finding Hunk making breakfast; some kind of eggs. He sat between Shiro and Keith, and stared at Pidge's empty seat.

"It's alright," said Shiro, placing a hand on Lance's shoulder. "She left earlier today. She's off to find her brother. She had a huge lead, and we couldn't tell her to stop."

Lance nodded, and took the plate Hunk was handing him.

"When did she leave?" he asked.

"About two vargas ago." Keith took a big bite of his food, and cringed slightly. It wasn't eggs.

Lance pushed his plate away, stating that he wasn't feeling too well, so as to not hurt Hunk's feelings. "When do you think she'll be back?"

"It depends. A quintant, a movement. Shouldn't be any longer than that though," answered Shiro. Lance nodded again, and stood from the table, going to perform his morning routine.

It had been a phoeb (month).

Lance was getting restless. They all sat in their seats on the bridge. Allura drove the ship to a nearby planet. Keith was playing with his knife, no surprise there, Coran was going off about Weblums and things, and Hunk was thinking of new foods to make. Only Shiro seemed as off put as Lance was at Pidge not being there.

"Paladins," Allura announced. "I have news. I've located the Green Lion."

Lance jumped from his seat and stared at Allura intensely.

"Where?" he all but shouted. Allura looked down.

"We are on route to the planet now but-"

"Speed up the Castle!" Lance now yelled.

"-there were no signs of intelligent life on the lion when I scanned for it." Allura sighed as Lance shrank back into his seat and Shiro stood.

"We'll still find her. Don't worry. And if we don't, she'll find us. I know Katie. There's no way she'll let anything happen to her."

"Katie?" Hunk asked. "Oh. Is that's Pidge's real name? I always thought Pidge was a bit strange."

Shiro nodded. "She's Katie Holt. The daughter of the people I went to space with." Shiro explained the backstory of how he knew Pidge and her family as Allura set the Castle down on the planet Sysineg. Once the Castle was parked, the four remaining paladins ran out, not even bothering to get into their Lions.

Lance made a beeline to the Green Lion. Green opened her mouth for the Paladins to climb into with no hesitation. Something was really wrong. Lance's eyes widened in fear as he saw smears of blood on the chair, floor and hand prints on the wall.

Hunk nearly threw up at the sight, and Keith had to calm down Shiro. None of them had gone into the Lion like Lance had.

The Green Lion roared, closed its mouth and flew off, travelling into space to neighboring planet. It was coated in rocks and debris, and a very obviously Galra base was lit up like Canada Day. Lance summoned his Bayard, and snuck in, somehow unnoticed.

He would have gotten lost had he not heard blood curdling screams of pain. He ran down the hallway, ignoring any Galra soldiers that he may have alerted. He found a large room and Pidge on her knees in front of the one and only Galra prince. Lotor.

The soldiers pointed their guns at Pidge as Lotor ordered her to stand. She complied and was led to the hall that Lance hid stood in. Lance almost fell to his knees when he saw the condition Pidge was in. She had been stripped of her armour and was only covered by the black under suit. Her helmet and Bayard were next to Lotor, set up like trophies and there was a half-assed cast on her left wrist. Dried blood ran down her face, as well as some fresh stuff from whatever torture she had just endured.

After being placed into her cell, the soldiers left, only one remaining to guard her door. Lance took this opportunity to play the knight in shining armour. He shot down the guard and broke the lock to the cell door. Pidge was using her good hand to pry away at floorboards, obviously giving up any other means of escape. She jumped from the floor and spun around, wobbling slightly from the blood loss and fast movement.

"Pidge," Lance breathed. His eyes watered as he pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "You're alive!" He laughed and grabbed her face, peppering it with innocent kisses, before pulling her into a real kiss on the lips.

"We're here. We're gonna get you out." He grabbed Pidge's good hand and led her from the cell. He managed to retrieve Pidge's armour and Bayard and shot their way through the base. The Green Lion roared and traveled over to where the two Paladins stood.

Pidge was put into a healing pod immediately after arrival, and Lance waited next to the pod until she was released. It was the middle of the night when the pod opened, and Lance was the only one there. She fell into his arms as the air hissed from the pod and she smiled at him woozily.

"Thanks, Sharpshooter." She snuggled her head into his chest and fell asleep in his arms. Lance smiled down at her and whispered, "You're welcome. Katie."