A 4 am McDonalds excursion.

Guys it's currently four am here, and I know that's not healthy to be awake to see the sunrise without sleeping at least a little bit, but it's not my fault that I got caught in a string of Netflix horror movies and a bunch of fan fiction also do you know how LOUD it is when you try to make nachos at 3:30 in the morning??? Anyway, I'm sitting here barbecue sauce on— I'm wanting some good Plance shit, and I couldn't find what I wanted, so I decided I would write it myself.

Anyway, here's the excruciatingly self-indulgent college au you've all been waiting for. I might expand on it a bit later but for now this is what we got. I'll let you know what time it is when I finish writing this, as it is currently 4:44 am exactly (trippy right?)

————————————————————————————————————————

Pidge woke up, and wanted something. But what that something was had not yet made itself known to her. So climbed out of her bed and stalked into the apartment kitchen. She threw open her refrigerator and looked at everything, but nothing seemed worthy of her current appetite.

She wandered aimlessly for a few moments, before trying to go back to bed. It didn't work, and she threw off her covers once more. Pulling on a large green sweater, she left apartment Number 5, and marched past Number 3, and then Number 1, before finally reaching the staircase that would take her down six flights of stairs to the vending machine. 

Pidge didn't trust herself not to tumble down the stairs in a state of drunken tiredness, so she opted to take the elevator instead. She hit the lobby button and waited in blissful silence, besides the soft elevator music. She found her mind wandering to her Nonna's home, where this style of music was always playing, though Pidge could never pinpoint the exact location of where it came from. 

She almost missed the elevator stop, as the doors slid open to admit her to the lobby of the shady, shitty, but thankfully cheap apartment. The vending machines were lit up like the 4th of July in the dim lights of the main lobby. 

Pidge stuck a ten dollar bill in the machine and loaded up with all the snack foods she could, before turning around and falling into the flickering light of a rundown, old McDonald's a few blocks down the street. The dim, flickering, yellow illumination hailed to her like a beacon, or the glow of an angel.

She suddenly knew what would fix her problem. 

She pulled her phone from her sweater pocket and checked the time. 3:54 am.

Fuck, she thought. Only the drive through is open. I don't have a car.

Pidge ran up the stairs as fast as she could, slightly out of breath but the time she reached the third flight, and almost completely by the time she reached the top.

She swiftly walked down the hallway to apartment Number 3 and rapped her knuckles on the door a few times after catching her breath. When there was no answer, she knocked harder and quicker. Huffing impatiently, she tried a third time. Halfway through her rhythmic knock, the door swung open, revealing a very clearly annoyed, very tired, and very adorable Lance, standing in the doorway in blue sweatpants, and nothing else, Pidge noticed.

"Did someone die?" he asked sleepily.

"Will you take me to McDonald's?" Pidge asked.

"What?"

"I said, will you take me to McDonald's?" she repeated, the innocent smile on her face giving way to a full blown grin of excitement. She hadn't had McDonald's in years, and wanted to refresh her memory to the fries.

"You want me—"

"Uh-huh."

"To take you—"