Bandannas 2

It's so fucking long, I'm sorry. (Not this part specifically but just the oneshot as a whole.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad, what is she doing here?" he asked, standing abruptly from his bed where he sat playing video games.

"Her mom and I are close, and she had to go out of town. We're housing Cam until she's back," he explained. Camilla's death glare didn't lighten at all. The fact that she would be sharing a house with this asshole made her life terrible.

"Now, I'm assuming you two know each other. I have to get to work. Cam, go ahead and explore the place. I'll be home after you go to bed, so don't wait up. You two can order pizza for dinner." Blue nodded in understanding, before closing the door in Camilla's face. Lance shook his head and sighed, but turned to leave for work nonetheless.

The first week was kind of bumpy. They had to catch the same bus, share the same bathroom, and Lance was almost never there to settle their petty disputes.

"Can you listen to music at a volume lower than 80 decibels?"

"You steamed up the bathroom!"

"You can't drink that, you're allergic!" "Fuck you!"

"You know, bending like that is going to break your spine, Camilla." Blue looked down at her. She was bent over backwards with one leg in the air. She had forged a doctor's note excusing her from gym class, but still wanted to stay nimble. It was easier to hop fences that way.

"You know, listening to your voice is going to blow an artery in my brain."

"Whatever."

They had managed to make civil conversation one night. Blue was too tired from football practice to insult her, and she was too lost in thought, typing up code and logging in to the principal's grade files to mess with people she hated.

The two had eaten their dinner at the table, instead of separately in their rooms. They learned each other's favourite games, colours and school subject. Blue's favourite colour was yellow, and he seemed bashful when admitting that it was a happy colour. Camilla told him her favourite colour was blue, and not because that was his name, like he claimed.

One night, just after the eleven day mark, Camilla was scrolling through her Instagram feed, when she came across a recommended account.

@haddyshotties

Camilla was curious. She had known Haddy since the later years of elementary school, and had hated her forever. But, she was Blue's girlfriend, and according to him, she didn't have Instagram. It was a private account, but her follow request was accepted almost right away.

She scrolled through the uploads. There were tons of images of Haddy kissing, partying and even groping guys. The latest upload was six hours earlier in the day, and the guy she was kissing definitely wasn't Blue. She felt sick to her stomach. Haddy was cheating on him. And with Kurt Haliday no less. One of Blue's teammates.

She left her room quickly, hoping to catch Lance before he left for work.

"Lance!" she whisper-yelled. He turned around just as he was walking out the door.

"Cam, is that an energy drink?" he asked sternly. "Come on, you know the rules."

She held the can behind her back.

"That's not important right now. Ha-"

"Look, kiddo, I'm already late for work. Can this wait?"

She shut up and nodded solemnly.

"Thanks. There's leftover pasta in the refrigerator. I'll see you tomorrow."

Camilla went back to her room. She may not have been the closest of friends with Blue, but she was not going to let a cheating bitch like Haddy make him miserable. She knew about his huge football game the next day. Haddy was a cheerleader, he was quarterback. Of course they would date. It was your stereotypical high school movie plot.

Camilla couldn't help but be honest with him. She couldn't let Blue think that his cheating girlfriend was loyal. She stood up from her bed and marched the three steps over to his room. She held up her hand, ready to knock, but a sound from inside stopped her.

"When I see your face,

There's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing,

Just the way you are.

And when you smile,

The whole world stops and stares for a while.

'Cause girl you're amazing,

Just the way you are."

Camilla recalled the conversation the two had over dinner a few days prior. He had admitted that he wanted to be a singer. Camilla wanted to be a writer. They had actually bonded over their future goals. And Camilla was about to ruin the happiness she heard as he strummed on his guitar.

She knocked a few times. He said a simple 'yeah?'

"Can I come in?"

"I guess."

Camilla opened the door and awkwardly stepped in. She didn't care to close the door, and went to sit next to him on his bed. Her stomach churned.

"Um, so-"

"What do you need?" he asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Let's go get milkshakes!"

NO!

"Um, okay?" he chuckled. "I didn't think we were that good of friends."

"Well, we can become friends?" 

CAMILLA YOU IGNORANT FUCK!

She stood up and held out her hand. He took it, and the two walked out to Blue's car. Camilla and Blue drove in silence. It was comfortable on his part, but Camilla was worried that at any moment she would burst with the information on his girlfriend and best friend. It was very cliche, she thought.

They ended up at DQ. Once Camilla made Blue order, and they got their milkshakes and fries, they sat at a booth.

"Why are we here, Cam?" he asked, swirling one of their fries in his shake. Camilla gave a small smile.

"Dang, you're calling me Cam now? Are you sure we're not friends?" she chuckled quietly.

"I don't know what it is, but I have this weird, vague memory of knowing you when I was little. I mean I have this memory of some traumatic shit happening with a girl, and she looked kind of like you." He shrugged. "It's weird." He tossed the milkshake covered fry in his mouth.

Camilla swallowed the lump in her throat. She couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Haddy is cheating on you."

Blue looked up.

"What?"

Camilla cringed. "With Kurt." She slid her phone with the open Instagram page to let him scroll through on his own.

"Boyde, Ram, Jason, AJ. Fuck. A new guy every week." He pushed the phone back across the table. "How long has this been going on?" he asked, to no one in particular. He buried his face in his hands. Camilla reached across the table and rubbed his arm.

"I'm sorry." She had no other words. Blue grabbed the tray of fries and threw it across the fast food diner and stood up, storming out. Camilla stood to go after him, but after seeing the crestfallen look of the singular employee, she opted to stay and help him tidy up the mess.

"Are you sure you don't want to go after your friend?" he asked. Camilla shook her head. She watched out of the window as his yellow muscle car pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards their house.

Camilla was fine walking home anyway.