Bandannas

Camilla finished off the end of her ice cream cone, and stretched her arms.

"I'm tired Mamma. Do I really have to go to Uncle Keith's house?" Cammie whined. Pidge put a carton of eggs into her grocery basket, next to the yogurt tubes.

"I'm sorry Cam, but I've got to work late tonight." Pidge grabbed the child's hand and brought her along through the store.

"I think your boss is a vanpire," Cammie said stoically.

"You think?" Pidge said, playing along and ignoring the mispronunciation of 'vampire.'

"Yeah. He always wants people to work late at night so he can submer- sum- sood... soodnerti..."

"Supervise?"

"Yeah! He wants to supertives you. But he can't in the daytime."

"That makes sense. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen him eat any food either," Pidge threw in, grabbing a loaf of bread from the bakery. Camilla's eyes widened in fear.

"I knew it!" she cheered. Pidge laughed under her breath. "Does Uncle Keith believe in vanpires?" she asked.

"I don't know. You'll have to ask him." They stood in the checkout line in near silence, Camilla humming 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' quietly, until their time to pay.

It started to get dark as Pidge walked out to the car, carrying a single grocery bag and a very tired Cammie.

Once in the car, after double checking Camilla's seat belt, and that she was completely passed out, Pidge pulled out of the parking lot, and drove five minutes to Keith's house. She carried the sleeping six-year-old up the handful of stairs to Keith's front door and knocked lightly.

Her friend answered, wearing his usual black t-shirt and jeans of the same colour. She passed the child into his arms, and thanked him quietly. The door was shut and she pulled out her phone.

"Hey Axca. I'm calling in a favour you and the girls owe me. No, it won't get you arrested. You'll probably actually enjoy it. Promise." Pidge examined her nails as her friend went off on the usual spiel, no cops, no prostitution, she gets a cut, yadda yadda yadda.

"Okay, are you done?" Pidge asked snootily. "Good. Get a pen and paper. I need you to throw a party. Yeah, the address it..."

Once finished with the call, she knocked on Keith's door and gave him the address to give everyone he knew, not in the gang, however. He nodded and pulled out his phone to send messages and make calls.

Pidge sat in her car until Axca called back with the confirmation that she would be at the warehouse with booze and glow sticks.

"Perfect. Love ya babe!" she teased. Axca giggled before hanging up.

Pidge drove to the "headquarters" of The Galra. She smiled at Branko as she held up the finger sign and walked in.

In a duffel bag, she gathered, a crowbar, extra ammunition, and connectors that she had built. She stuffed an empty USB drive in her back pocket and marched out.

She drove her car through the mud pit behind the HQ, careful to cover her license plate, before speeding off to the warehouse that Voltron housed their endeavours. Pidge was lucky enough to stumble upon them when she was driving her daughter to school one day.

"I'm so sorry!" she cried. "I thought this was the soup kitchen. Ever since my husband left us, I've been struggling to make ends meet. I just thought... since you're behind a church..." Pidge looked sadly at the child sleeping in the car. The man at the door followed her gaze and his face softened significantly, surprising, because he seemed very kind and not hard gazed at all.