Green Magic (Part 3)

"I know what you are," the voice said quietly. It was spoken softly, but the intention of Lotor's voice was almost screamed at her.

"I do too. I'm done with your bullshit." She slammed her locker door closed and spun around, glaring up at him. She cursed her entire five feet of height and wished she could be even the slightest bit taller.

"You're a witch," he whispered.

"No. But I think it's becoming a hobby of mine to prove you wrong." Pidge stood on her tippy toes and struggled to reach the binder off the top of the locker. Lance walked up and grabbed it down for her. She thanked him and the two of them walked off to their science class.

"What's up Pidgey?" Lance asked her. She looked concerned.

"He should have purple skin." Pidge looked at her hands in slight fear. Lance patted her back reassuringly.

"It's fine. You probably just cast it wrong. Or he used a lot of makeup to cover it up." Lance chuckled.

"Yeah, but if he didn't..." Pidge trailed off.

"That means?" Lance inquired.

"It means that something is wrong with my magic, or he's a witch too. Witches can't curse each other. And if he's a witch, we're probably going to have to move again."

"What? Why?"

"Well, we could end up being exposed. That's what happened last time. I'll try another charm, but if it doesn't work, we're out of here." Pidge jabbed her thumb behind her and blew a short raspberry.

Lance was quite shocked. He didn't want Pidge to have to leave.

Later in the day, after school had let out and Pidge and Lance had walked back home, Pidge ran upstairs and grabbed chalk from her drawer. She waved at Lance before shutting her window and curtains. She drew a circle on the floor and a star in the middle. She sat cross-legged in the center of the circle and closes her eyes, with her hands placed on her knees.

She hummed low in the back of her throat and she started to hover slightly above the ground.

"May the truth I seek be found, though hidden beneath the ground. May hidden truth come into light, dark or luminous, day or night. The truth be I wish to see, so mote it be." The pentagram flashed green for a few solid minutes and Pidge's hair flew upwards. She repeated her chant twice more, then returned to the ground, content with how the spell had played out.

She would know the next day, if Lotor truly was a witch.

Lance woke up to knocking on his front door. His family had gone camping for the night, leaving him home alone. When he answered the door, it was Pidge, panic stricken and messy. Her hair was everywhere and he pajamas were ruffled.

"Lance," she breathed. She hugged him tightly, and he patted her back, slightly unnerved.

"Lotor, he's in my house. He's done something with my family, and I can't wake them up, no matter what charms I try," she cried.

"Hey, it's okay, they'll be fi-"

His front door slammed open, and a fuming Pidge stood in his doorway, glaring hard at the other Pidge. Lance turned his attention back to Pidge number one, and found that it was in fact, Lotor himself.

"Glamours don't work well, Lotor. I swear to god, your impersonation of me wasn't even that good. Get the hell out of here."

"Oh young Katie, how long have you been a witch now? One, or two hundred years? Because you don't yet know the capacity of magic I can hold, as one of ten thousand years." Lotor held his hand up, and it was quickly swarmed with snakes of purple light.

"Peregrinatione inferis," Lotor shouted, clasping his hand shut and grabbing Lance by the shoulder. He hadn't noticed right away, until he felt an odd tingling in his abdomen, and saw that he was turning to dust.

"No!" Pidge screamed. She rushed forwards and tried to drag him back into her world, but it only quickened the process of disappearance.

The only thing Lance could think of was, 'so this is how Spider Man felt.'