Skating (Part 1)

Pidge sighed as the attendant handed her a pair of hockey skates. She sat on a bench and slipped them on, lacing them up almost professionally.

"Why didn't you get figure skates?" her friend Allura asked.

"Hey, it was your idea to go skating, don't judge my choice of skates." Pidge knelt down and laced up the shoe opposite to the one Allura was working on. Even though she started after Allura, she finished first, having gone skating almost everyday as a small girl.

"I still think the figure skates would work better." Allura stood and wobbled in place, only staying still when Pidge grabbed her arm to steady her. They stepped onto the ice and Allura fell directly on top of Pidge.

"You're buying me mini donuts after this," she grumbled.

Once Allura got the hang of skating, she went around the rink slowly a few times. Pidge stayed by her side, paying more attention to the music in her ears than anything else, until Allura told her that she didn't have to stay by her side any longer. Pidge grinned at her, knowing what Allura was getting at. The taller girl removed her phone and pulled up the camera as Pidge skated away, dodging between people and getting to a large open spot. Luckily for them the rink wasn't very crowded.

"Ready, go!" Allura shouted.

Pidge dashed through the rink, turned around and skated backwards. Allura cheered for her and Pidge pulled up her leg bringing her foot in front of her face and still sliding backwards with ease. Thank goodness she was wearing tights and not jeans.

"Spin!" Allura hollered.

Pidge dropped her foot and brought the blade of the other shoe to the side of her previously airborne leg. Before doing this, she pushed herself into a rotation. Spinning slower than she would like, she brought her leg in and out, picking up the momentum.

She got too dizzy to continue, so she dropped her leg and bounded back to Allura, who was still filming this whole thing on her Snap Chat.

"That was awesome. This is why you're my favorite skating buddy." Allura clapped after posting the video to her story and putting her phone in her pocket.

"You bribed me to come with you." Pidge smirked slightly and crossed her arms.

"Shut up," said Allura, "It was still great."