Skating (Part 2)

"Keith, hurry your lazy ass up," whined Lance. He dragged his friend onto the rink and immediately fell on his face.

"That's what happens when your skates are too big." Keith chuckled, little humor in his voice.

"Shut up. My skates are fine. I just haven't been on the ice in a while," Lance defended.

"Yeah whatever. I'm only here as your wing man, so get off your ass and go find Allura." Keith skated off, ignoring Lance. He was wondering if the girl from the video was still there. Lance had showed him the short clip from his Snap Chat, and Keith thought it was really interesting, the way she could bend and turn. It rivaled Keith's skills. He had been skating since he was three years old, mainly hockey, but he also took a couple figure skating classes.

"You know, a wing man is supposed to stick with his friend," Lance complained when Keith skated back to him. The Cuban boy was still struggling to stay on his feet. Keith found it hilarious.

"There she is." Lance pointed to a tall, dark skinned girl with nearly white hair. Keith found the trend stupid. They skated over, Keith working to keep Lance upright.

"Hey beautiful," Lance gave his "award winning" grin. He leaned on the side of the rink, attempting to act smooth, but mostly to keep himself balanced.

"Oh hello Lance," said Allura in a thick accent. "How are you?"

"Better now that I see you." Lance flirted. Keith gagged and rolled his eyes. Allura blushed and nudged him with her shoulder.

"Very amusing, Lance." She said his name more like 'Lawns,' but Keith didn't mention it.

A petite girl skated up to them and skidded to a halt, spraying them all with shaved ice. Keith recognized her from Allura's video.

"Hey Pidge," Lance turned to her. He introduced Keith and her, and they immediately clicked. They both liked Hollywood Undead, had both been skating since they were small, and were both very competitive. They skated around the rink for a while, finally meeting back up with Allura and Lance, who had only made one round every time the other two made five.

"We should head out and do stupid teenager things," Lance suggested. He wasn't even trying to hide the shit eating grin on his face. Allura nodded her agreement, and Keith shrugged. Pidge looked like she wanted to disagree, but gave in before she could get anything out.

They left the rink and wandered back into the lobby. Pidge scooped all of the shaved ice off of her skates and packed into ball, tossed it at Lance, and successfully hit him in the back of his head. Allura bought Pidge mini donuts, and she hoarded them from the group, however sliding a few to Keith behind her back.

The four of them stopped at the park for a bit, and Keith and Lance pushed Pidge and Allura on the swings. The sky was clouded over, and it was getting late, so there was only a small family still there, which left when the four teens arrived.

Allura complained about being cold, and Lance promptly threw his jacket over her shoulders. He stuck his tongue out at Keith and declared that he was the superior gentleman. Keith just rolled his eyes.

They stopped by Wendy's, Pidge winning the argument on where they should go for food, and each got a burger. Before Pidge and Allura hopped on the bus to go back to Allura's house, they made plans with the boys to do the same thing the next Saturday.