Stuck (Part 1)

Pidge held tight to the back of the pilot's seat while Lance pulled back on the controls, trying to get the lion to go up. The two of them had gone out on a mission, but could only risk taking one lion. They chose the Blue Lion, since the planet was 90% water.

Pidge held back a scream as the Lion lurched forwards and plummeted into the mud. The Blue Lion shut herself down and the emergency lights came on, barely illuminating the small room. Both the front and back escape hatches were trapped in the mud, and you couldn't see through the front windshield. Pidge groaned in pain and rubbed the back of her head. She had flown forwards and hit the control panel.

"Pidge to Shiro, we're stuck in the mud. We need an extraction. I'll send the coordinates and see if I can fix the damage to the lion." She shut off the microphone she had been speaking to and removed her helmet. The lion provided them with oxygen, so they had no problems breathing. Lance followed suit and slumped back into his chair.

Pidge had wandered off to the back of the lion into the cargo room to get to the maintenance panel after sending a message to Shiro. Lance spun his chair around and watched her crouch down to open the hatch. After finally prying the small door open she hopped down.

"Damn. Blue took some damage. Can you pass me the needle-nose pliers? Oh, and a crescent wrench. And the soldering kit."

Lance's face scrunched up in confusion. "I have no clue what you just said. I speak Spanish. Not genius."

Pidge sighed. "Pass me the pointy pliers, the wrench that looks like a moon, and the pokey, melty machine."

Lance's brain clicked and he grabbed the tools for the girl. He tossed them down the hatch and threw himself back into his chair. They sat in silence for ten minutes until Pidge jumped back out and shut the trap door. Then she slid her back down the wall and sat cross-legged, staring at the wall across from her. She had a glare on her face, and her arms were crossed, showing off her annoyance. Lance smirked, trying to come up with a way to cheer her up.

"Hey Pidge, you know why it's called a cockpit-"

"Shut up, Lance," Pidge snapped.

"Aw, come on. Don't you wanna learn why they call me Lover boy Lance?" he teased.

"No. Stop talking."

Lance swore there was a hint of a light blush on her face. He stood from his seat and knelt in front of her, legs on either side of her lap and arms resting on the wall behind her, supporting the distance between them.

"Oh, Pidge, what's wrong?" he smirked. "Am I too hot to handle."

"Obviously."