Delivery Boy

"Pidge, I swear to the good lord above, if you mess with the delivery guy..." Hunk said sternly.

"I'm not!" Pidge protested. Keith had nothing to contribute, as he rifled through Pidge's box of movies, looking for something to watch.

"God, just flick through Netflix or something. You're getting dust everywhere." Pidge swatted her hand at the particles floating in front of her computer screen.

Keith shoved the box away in frustration and plopped onto the couch next to Pidge, the impact causing her to bounce slightly. She threw her legs across his lap, knowing that he wouldn't care, and continued imputing their order into the Domino's website.

"Okay, so that's one large pepperoni, and a split deluxe and meat lovers, two 2-liters of Pepsi and a hot wings. Anything else?" she asked, flitting her eyes between the two other college students.

"Ooh! Cheesy bread," added Keith. Pidge typed it in quickly and scrolled down to the 'Special Instructions' box. She typed rapidly, eyes full of malice.

"Pidge, what are you doing?" Hunk asked nervously. "I don't like that look. It means she's up to something."

Keith leaned over and read through the order, finally reading what she had put into the box.

"Don't knock, just... scream?" he questioned as Pidge clicked the order button.

"Pidge!" Hunk whined. "You can't do that!"

"Too late. She already sent the order," said Keith while Pidge cackled maniacally.

Hunk shook his head in disappointment as he collected plates and cups from the cupboard to place on the small table in the center of the living room.

"We're gonna get in major shit with Iverson, you know that, right?" Keith looked at her, a hint of amusement still in his eyes.

"Uh, yeah. This is a university dorm building! What are the other's gonna say when a random dude screams "Domino's is here" or something right outside the building?"

"It's fine, guys, really. I put our room number, so he'll come right to the door," Pidge devolved into laughter. At the sound of their roommate's laughter, neither of the boys could hold a straight face.

Twenty minutes of goofing around and movie searching, a loud yell came from outside the door. It wasn't so much a scream, as it was a battle cry.

Pidge fell to the floor laughing and grabbed her wallet off the coffee table. She essentially crawled over to the door and used it to pull herself up.

The yelling hadn't stopped for more than a second at a time for the delivery boy to take a breath, and somehow got progressively louder during the thirty seconds it too for Pidge to open the door.

"You're my favourite fucking person!" Pidge cried, wiping a few tears from her face with the heels of her hands.

The delivery boy laughed at her reaction. She had to hold her own weight against the door frame She made eye contact with the boy and his face turned from amusement to admiration. He was red in the face from the lack of breath. He quickly covered his change of face with a question.

"Are you the one that sent the request?" he asked.

She nodded, unable to formulate words. She pointed to the table in the living room and the boy took that as his que to put the items on it.

"Nice to meet you," said Hunk. "My name is Hunk. That's Keith and the girl crying on the floor is Pidge. She'll pay you when she can breathe."

"Lance, nice to meet you all."

Pidge waved him over and held up a wad of cash from her place on the floor. She most likely over paid him, but didn't care much. The man deserved a giant tip.

"Thanks," Lance said, taking the money and shoving it in his back pocket. He held out his hand and pulled her up. His hand was soft, and Pidge let it linger for much too long. She cleared her throat and let go, turning away with a quick 'thank you.'

"You know, I'm surprised I've never met you guys," said Lance, addressing all three. "I live in the dorm below you."

"Well, Pidge almost never leaves unless we make her, or it's for a class, and Keith always goes in and out the fire exit," Hunk turned to Keith and added, "even though he's not supposed to!" He turned back to Lance and continued his spiel. "I leave like a normal person."

Lance smiled, and Pidge felt her face heat up at the sight. He side eyed her and smirked slightly. Keith and Hunk didn't notice, and that frustrated Pidge.

"Well, I've got to get back to work." He walked to the door. "It was lovely meeting you all." Pidge closed the door behind him.

"Pidge, you're bright red," Keith said knowingly.

"Shut up and play the damn movie."