Green Magic (Part 4)

Lance was fully dissipated at this point, and Lotor smirked at Pidge.

"Come on man, Death is a dick. Now I have to get Lance back from him? Fuck." She shot a blast of green energy, shooting him into a wardrobe at the end of the hallway, and tickled her nose before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Green of course.

"Alright, let's get this over with. What do you want this time? More of my soul? It's gonna be a custody battle at this point, 'cause I've sold it too many times. Or do want to see a hat trick? Name your price, I want him back." Pidge walked up to a tall man in a red shirt and black pants and poked him in the chest. His flaming hair swooshed around.

"Pidgey Pie! Come to visit good ol' Uncle Death! I haven't seen you in a century!" Death spread his arms, expecting a hug from Pidge.

"Cut the crap. I want Lance back." Pidge squinted.

"Oh, this guy?" Death snapped his fingers and Lance appeared by his side.

"Pidge!" he yelled. He sprinted towards her and tried to wrap her in a hug, only to pass through her.

"What do you want, Death." Pidge was more forceful with her words this time.

"A hug." He opened his arms again.

"That's it? A hug?" Pidge crossed her arms across her chest defensively. Death nodded. Pidge looked back at the Dust-Lance and he looked very concerned.

Pidge walked into Death's open arms and he squeezed her tight. Immediately, she felt searing pain throughout her entire body. She fell to her knees, and was followed down by Death, Lance screaming her name from behind her.

"There. A hug," Death said, Pidge looked at her arms and saw burn marks across her exposed skin. She fought through the pain and turned around, no longer seeing Lance behind her.

"I sent him home. He's asleep in his bed, unharmed." Death sighed. "Sad. I haven't had another young man around here in awhile."

"Will he remember this in the morning?" Pidge croaked. Her throat was quite possibly, very literally, on fire.

"Probably. I didn't strain myself too much. You on the other hand, look like shit. Want me to send you back?" Pidge nodded weakly.

She found herself at the foot of Lance's bed. He was tucked fast asleep under the covers. She breathed a sigh of relief and collapsed onto his floor.

Lance woke up. He was in his bed. Not the underworld. He looked around and saw the sunlight filtering in through his bedroom window. Everything was calm. He sat up and slid off his bed, slipping his feet into his blue lion slippers. Then he tripped over Pidge's unconscious body.

"Oh shit!" he cried. He dropped to his knees next to her and felt her pulse through her burnt skin.

"I'm not okay," she whispered. "My house. Brother."

Lance lifted her up, mindful of how she winced and cried when he held her certain ways.

He ran next door and burst through Pidge's front door and up her stairs. He kicked open Matt's bedroom door.

"Help. Pidge. Burns. Death? Underworld. Help!" He laid Pidge down on the floor and Matt held his hands over her limp body. A purple-grey light flowed from his hands and into her body. Her burns healed immediately, but her pulse got very weak. Matt got woozy as well.

"Take her outside. Lay her in the grass. It should grow over her. You'll have to leave her there for a day, and she'll be fine. Hurry, or it won't work."

Lance scooped her up and ran outside, laying Pidge on the grass. It immediately grew over her entire body. He sat next to her until the grass retracted itself at the end of the day. She sat up breathing heavily.

"You saved my life." Lance hugged her, and she said nothing in return, only hugging him back, thankfully not being burnt this time.