Grief: Acceptance (Part 5)

Warning: this chapter contains a heavy theme. Suicide. Please do not read if you have experienced a lost from this.

She looked over at the person she called her boyfriend allowing a smile to take over her features. Keith rubbed her arm, wondering what caused the sudden grin.

"I'm going outside. Gonna go for a walk." She grabbed her backpack and sent Keith on his way to class.

"Hey, Katie, are you okay?" asked Keith, his hands still intertwined with his.

"They're gone. I get it. I can't bring everyone else down with me. There's no problem. See ya." She placed and quick kiss to his cheek and started walking away. Keith chased after her and wrapped her up in a big hug.

"Nothing impulsive and spontaneous. 'Kay?" he said.

She grabbed his face and kissed him quickly, tangling her fingers in his long hair.

"Except for that," he mumbled against her lips. He felt her smile against him and she pulled him closer before breaking the kiss and walking away. Keith walked to his class slowly, wondering what his girlfriend was up to.

Katie reached into her backpack and found her rope. She had previously watched a video on how to tie it properly, and she strung it up in the tree. She took a deep breath and climbed up to the third branch, a little bit higher than the second branch, which she had tied the rope to.

Another breath and she pulled the rope around her neck.

Another breath and she pulled out her phone.

Pidgey: I love you guys. You're all fucking amazing. And the best friends I could ask for.

LoverBoy: Katie. What are you talking about?

Hunky Munky: Wtf? What do you mean?

Pidgey: I'm just saying you guys are great. So thanks for being great. See you in hell.😂🔫

LoverBoy: Pidge, where are you?

Emo: What's going on? Pidge? What's with the Emojis?

Pidgey: see ya.

Emo: Pidge don't move we're coming to find you.

Pidge held tight to the tree branch and let a small tear trail down her cheek. Wiping it away, she muttered, "they're gone. But I'm going to see them again."

Another breath. She stood. She closed her eyes and took one foot off of the branch, letting it hover over the open spancel in front of her.

"I love you Keith."

"Katie! What are you doing?!" She heard a frantic voice. She recognized it, but didn't try to stop herself as she leaned forwards and let gravity do its job.

No more breaths. Everything was black.