Checkmate

"Jimin, thats not how it works!" The alpha repeated for the, what seems like, one hundredth time now.

Sticking his tongue out as he concentrated, Jimin moved his knight across the board. "Aha! Check mate!"

"Jimin, no, it doesn't work like-" But of course Yoongi made the silly mistake of glancing up at the omega, only to be met with a pouting face and a wobbling bottom lip.

"Fine!" His resolve crumbled. "You win, check mate, or whatever." He said with a roll of his eyes, and immediately Jimins face was over taken with happiness, it almost made losing worth it.

It had been almost 2 months since the first time Jimin had joined the pack for breakfast. Except for the incident with Taemin, there had been no other bad experiences revolving around this pack, and as long as Taemin kept his distance, Jimin would continue to feel as comfortable as he did now. It was warming up quickly now, the sun rose earlier and shone through every morning waking Jimin, but he couldn't find it in himself to be angry. Just the thought of waking up to such a peaceful view, with no distractions and no worries, made him almost going blind from staring at the sun worth it.

Yoongi had taken him on an adventure a few weeks ago; at first Jimin was extremely apprehensive to even venture out of the packs main grounds, but as soon as Yoongi had led him through the forest, he calmed down and took in the view. Before Cheon had taken over, Jimin spent a fair amount of time freely wandering around in the woods of his packs territory. Many of his friends, and even some adults would come out with Jimin as they hoped he would do what he did best.

Sing.

He would usually venture into the forest and climb a small tree and would simply start singing. At first it was just him, but soon he had built up an incredible audience of around 4-5 of his friends that would come and join him in the forest, either making flower crowns or simply listening to him sing a sweet melody.

Somehow going into the forest with Yoongi had brought back all these memories, and at that moment of time he craved nothing else but to just belt out. To sing his heart out and attract the attention of multiple birds that would perch on tree tops to listen into the show. Of course he didn't act on this with Yoongi around, but each time they walked out into the forest, the urge would build and build inside him.

Walks with Yoongi were great, fantastic even. After around half an hour of walking, the two would reach a beautiful clearing, swarmed in different flowers ranging from poppies to daisies. The pair would usually sit down on the picnic blanket they had bought, and eat the food Jin had packed for them. Other times they would visit there spontaneously, and just relax on the grass surrounded by the flowers.

Believe it or not, Jimin had also made a couple of friends in the pack. Two omegas, Yugyeom and bambam, and a beta, Jinyoung. Jimin had clicked instantly with the three, after accidentally colliding with Jinyoungs chest when he was clumsily scurrying around to find his alpha in the dining hall. The three had striked up a conversation with Jimin, and he felt no anxiety at all at the prospect of talking to three complete strangers. Of course Yoongi had been rushing over 2 minutes later, firing question after question at the omega, asking if he was hurt and if the others were bothering him. Since then, Jimin has sat with them a few times, and even took Yugyeom along with him and Yoongi to their clearing. The three made flower crowns, and Yugyeom had told Jimin he wanted to make one for his mate, Mark, an alpha who worked in maintenance around the camp.

This had obviously brought on the topic of how love struck yugyeom happened to be, and he began recounting beautiful memories of how he and Mark first met, and the courting process. He didn't miss the way Yoongi stared at him all throughout it.

So now here he was, failing at a game of chess, but being too cute for the alpha to deny him a win. Perks of perfecting your pout. He knew it was ridiculous, but ever since the conversation with Yugyeom, he began thinking how much he wanted that with Yoongi. How much he wanted to hold the alphas hand, have Yoongi scent him infront of others, and bring him gift after gift.

He had missed all that part of his life. The part where omegas like him have tens of alphas knocking on their door with gifts, and then the omegas would proceed to scurry around and gossip about it with their fellow omegas. He never got to experience the feeling of being wanted. Of course he was wanted at Cheons pack, but only for his body, for his rank. And he knew Yoongi was genuine and would treat him right, if he was interested of course.

"What you thinking about, sunshine?" And the omega was suddenly aware that he had been daydreaming for a while now, he even missed the alpha sneak up behind him on the floor so they were pressed back to chest.

"Nothing just tired." He mumbled as he turned around and shoved his head into the olders chest, finding it surprisingly comfortable.

"Well go to sleep baby, i'm not going anywhere." A big hand was circling his waist whilst another one threaded through his hair, and there he fell asleep, hoping to have a dreamless sleep.

Ayyy i'm back! Thank you for the plot suggestions, i've taken them into consideration! Please leave more if you want to see something happen in the story.

Thanks for 11K reads <3