Drunk

Jimin was sat at the table in the dining hall, Jinyoung, Yugyeom and Taehyung all chattering away beside him, but he just couldn't find it in himself to join in. He found great amusement in playing with his barely touched food, pushing it all to one side only to flatten it down and pile it all up again. He knew he was acting childish, but he really didn't have much of an appetite today.

"Chim." A voice said.

"Hm." His head snapped up quickly to turn towards Tae, dropping his fork in the process.

"What's with you today? You're acting so weird." His bestfriend whined. The rest of the table were staring at him with concern, it only irked him.

"M not."

"Are too! Jinyoung tell him."

"I'm not getting involved." At that, Jimin's shoulders relaxed and he leaned back. "But-" He knew it was too good to be true, Jinyoung would never let him be upset in the beta's presence. "You are are sulking, Chim. Tell us what's up."

"He's upset because he misses his alpha." Yugyeom whined. And to be honest, he wasn't wrong. He hadn't seen Yoongi properly for a few days, the alpha briefly stopping off before breakfast to give him a quick kiss before whisking off to God knows where. The omega knew it was silly to think, but he really thought that maybe he had scared Yoongi off by telling him too much the other day. Jimin didn't want to think like this, but he couldn't ignore the signs that the alpha wasn't spending as much time with him.

And yes, although Yugyeom was right, this didn't mean he and he rest of the table could joke and laugh about it. He was seriously upset and clingy right now.

"Yes, congratulations you are right, I miss Yoongi. What about it?" He spoke, rather harshly whilst looking at Yugyeom. Jinyoung snorted from beside him and patted his shoulder gently, always one to take Jimin's side.

"Hit a nerve did I?" Yugyeom replied, almost as if he was trying to wind Jimin up. Taehyung and Jinyoung both paused and turned towards Jimin before bursting out into laughter, and Jimin couldn't help but join in, never one to get angry at Yugyeom, he was just too cute.

After eating five more mouthfuls of food (Jinyoung forced him to), the youngest two bid their farewells, claiming they had things to do today, leaving just Jimin and Jinyoung occupying the table. The omega already dreaded the conversation about to happen, however after five minutes of normal talk, he began to think that maybe, just maybe, Jinyoung would drop this. Until-

"So Jimin, what's really on your mind?"

And Jimin wanted to just tell him everything, it was always so easy with Jinyoung, his older friend being the most calm and reassuring person he knew. It was so easy to talk to Jinyoung, so easy to spill out his worries as if he were just reading a book.

"I scared Yoongi off."

"Don't be ridiculous, that alpha is smitten."

"I'm being serious!" He whined, stomping his foot rather cutely, much to Jinyoung's amusement. "Ever since we had that conversion the other day I've barely seen him! He stops by to say hi and then just leaves! What could be more important than me hyung?" He pouted, now rather embarrassed at his out burst. He felt awfully bratty and selfish that he was demanding the alphas attention but he couldn't help it, he missed Yoongi.

Jinyoung didn't seem to mind, instead he just scooted closer to Jimin to interlock their hands, an action that was rather unusual coming from the beta.

"I promise you, that alpha is more in love with you than you will ever know." His voice was so soft whilst he spoke, staring at Jimin with such a fond smile it made him want to tear up. "He has a big role in this pack, yet you're always his top priority. Give him a few days."