Song.

Jimins stomach growled loudly as he stepped into the food hall, eyes immediately scanning around for his friends. He didn't come with someone everyday now to breakfast, taking it on himself to walk there and admire the scenery along his way. He had gotten used to the pack and its layout now, and could easily navigate his way through without any complications.

"Chim!" An obnoxiously loud voice squealed from afar, and his gaze landed upon Taehyung, Yugyeom, and Jinyoung. Excitement filled his veins as he hurried over, too hungry to even question where the rest of his friends were.

He slumped down, and immediately a plate full of food was shoved his way by a smiling Taehyung.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. You slept in later than usual." Jinyoung started. "Must be tired from your shift at the nursery."

"Get used to it." Yugyeom added, "this is only the beginning."

Yes that's right, yesterday was his first day working in the pack. Namjoon had assigned him to a role in the nursery, as one of the current carers was on maternity leave. He quickly got used to his role there, previous experience coming into play as he easily soothed and calmed pups throughout the day. It was almost natural, the way he had gotten on with all the pups, they had taken a special liking to him, especially a pup named Jungwoo. Jungwoo was a young boy, destined to be an alpha by the impression he gives off. He's strong, has an obsession with kicking things, and repeatedly told Jimin he smelt nice, and like home. And maybe he had told Jimin that he was a little bit in love with the omega, only after an hour. Although Jimin had immediately fallen in love with his role within the pack, he was extremely tired, meaning he slept in rather late today.

"So where are the others?" Jimin questioned around a mouthful of toast. Jinyoung was quick to close his mouth with his hands.

"Yah, don't be disgusting, you want your alpha to see you like that?" The oldest teased, and Jimin went impossibly red.

Taehyung and Yugyeom were no help, giggling away and cooing at the embarrassed omega.

"The others already left, they went out hunting, probably stocking up early for next winter." Said Yugyeom, whilst he not so subtly reached over and stole a bite of toast. Jimin could do nothing but watch the youngest gulf down most of his food.

"Bet you're missing Yoongi, Chim." Taehyung raised his eyebrows, showing no signs of letting down on his teasing. "Can you two mate already? You're gross together."

Jimins mind went blank. Mate. He wasn't ready for that, wasn't anywhere near ready for that. The rest of the conversation drowned out around him as he got lost in his thoughts. He quickly stood up and excused himself, muttering something about needing to finish a book i started this morning and scurried off, ignoring his friends worried glances.

He paced out of the food hall, feet moving in quick steps one in front of the other, head down. Did he want to mate Yoongi? Of course he did, he didn't want anything else than to mate him. But he wasn't ready, he was scared and he knew the alpha wouldn't hurt him but he could never fully put his trust in someone again. And then he stopped. What was he thinking? Mating? He didn't even know if Yoongi loved him, or even liked him for that matter. Obviously the alpha had been nothing but kind, constantly putting Jimin first, always reassuring him and whispering soft things to him as they cuddled in bed together. Jimin spent most of his time with Yoongi, either messing about or playing games or simply talking. The alpha was affectionate, a blind person could see that. His lingering touches, his soft gazes and his hands placed firmly on his waist. The hands threading through his hair and the light kisses. They meant everything to Jimin, but he realized, what did they mean to Yoongi?

Had the alpha just been nice because he was new to the pack and he was welcoming Jimin? Even if Yoongi did like him, would he be prepared to wait until Jimins ready, or even wait until Jimin doesn't have problem after problem affecting his life? Would he be like this to any newcomer? Surely not, they had a connection. They fitted together well, like a puzzle piece. Or maybe it was out of pity that the older was so kind.

He was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't even realize how far he had walked. He now found himself smack bang in the middle of the clearing that he and Yoongi visit so often.

Jimin allowed himself to sit down, and simply just stared at the sky for a moment, before breaking out into a full song. He played with the blades of grass between his fingers as his soft voice belted out the smoothest of melodies, before the sound of a rustle in the bushes caught his attention, and a familiar scent invaded his nose. He stood up turned around, fear taking over his whole body, and nearly collapsed at the sight.

"I'd recognize that sweet voice anywhere, little omega."

Ooooh who do you think it is????

Thankyou for your comments <3