Pup

"And you promise you'll eat?"

"Yes hyung, I promise." Jimin spoke with a roll of his eyes, although secretly his alpha fussing over him made his heart flutter.

"Okay, sunshine. See you at three." Yoongi stepped forward to place a soft peck on Jimins lips, it wasn't long, or passionate, but it still made Jimin's insides feel gooey. The alphas hands fell from around his waist as he stepped back and turned around, Jimin found himself already missing his touch.

Jimin was back at the nursery today, taking on a shift with an alpha named Eunyoung. She and Jimin had worked a few shifts together, and the alpha was level headed and was well in control of the class, unlike Jimim who fell straight away for the puppy eyes and pout.

Settling himself into a chair, he watched the pups come flooding in one by one, until the breath was taken out of him as something pounced on him and settled in his lap.

"Chim!"

Jungwoo.

Jimin couldn't help but squeal back, and engulf the pup in a tight hug which had both of them giggling.

"I missed you." Jungwoo uttered with a giggle, and proceeded to stick his nose into Jimin's neck, instantly relaxing.

Soon the class went quiet, and Jimin's gaze flickered up to meet Eunyoungs, who was now standing infront of the pups, waiting for Jungwoo to join them.

"Jungwoo, come on sweetie, join the class." She said with a smile, however it soon dropped when Jungwoo simply shook his head and continued to bury his face in Jimins neck.

"Wan' stay with Chim." And the death grip he had on Jimins arms seemed to tighten so much he wondered if he would have bruises come tomorrow.

Nothing would get him off now, even being scolded by Eunyoung, even trying to be pried off by Jimin himself. He cried and cried until he was back in Jimins arms, and by the end of the day he hadn't completed any of his work, or followed any of the instructions.

He only left when promised a special treat later on tonight by his eomma, even if he didn't sound all that excited to leave, his red rimmed eyes would have been a massive give away. He seemed to hug Jimin for what felt like years before shuffling out the door with his head down and sunken eyes.

Eunyoung huffed as she turned around to face Jimin, looking rather annoyed by the events of today, he didn't blame her.

"I think we should talk." Jimin froze. Normally those words had negative connotations, and the tone of her voice left no room for argument as he shyly glanced up at her.

"Look, Jimin I-" she stuttered and spluttered, and sounded almost regretful at the words she then spoke. "I think it would be best if you stopped working here." Jimin snapped his head up, looking at her, horrified that she would say such a thing. What had he done wrong? He was always on time, always worked extra hard with the pups and they all loved him. He always stayed later to clear up any extra mess and make everything as neat as possible. Jimin didn't realise he had been lost in thought until she spoke again.

"You've been great here, honestly you have" The omega wanted to roll his eyes at how fake that whole phrase was. Couldn't have been too great if she's getting rid of him this easily. "But i think you've been more of a distraction then help recently." Oh. So this was what it was about. One pup had taken an interest in him, one that would probably disappear within a couple of days, and this had immediately excluded all the positive things he had done. It didn't make sense.

"So this is about Jungwoo?" He questioned.

She had the audacity to look guilty, and Jimin wanted to roll his eyes for the hundredth time since she opened her mouth.

"Yes." She said with a shake of her head.
"Whatever this-", she gestured her hands around, looking for the right words, "-this, infatuation the pup has with you, it's not good for his learning and I think-"

"Bullshit." He cut her off, and the older alpha looked at him, perplexed the sweet omega would say such a thing. "If anything, he'll throw up more of a fuss that I don't work here anymore, might even refuse to work without me present." He crossed his arms.

Something in the alpha changed, her whole posture tensing and seemingly becoming ten times bigger. Eunyoung rolled her eyes, and scoffed at Jimin.
"Get over yourself, pup. You're a distraction. No good for this job."

Did Eunyoung really just say that? How she switched from sweet, and almost regretful to be firing Jimin, to a cold hearted bitch in a matter of seconds confused him. Her whole demeanour had changed, and it clicked in Jimins mind that this may not just be about the pups anymore.

"What's your problem? You chucking me out over a pup, he'll forget about me by next week, will find something else to be obsessed with." And it was the truth, he won't stay infatuated with Jimin for much longer. "It's how pups work, sorry I assumed you knew that, it's not like you work with pups everyday or something." And he really did roll his eyes now, just her mere presence and her angered face annoyed him.

She stepped forward, probably intending for it to be threatening but it only angered Jimin further.

"Listen pup." She spat, and jabbed a finger into his chest.

"You're in way over your head here, you aren't part of this pack." And that stung more than it probably should have, however it didn't stop at that. She began stepping forward, and instinctively Jimin stepped back until he had been crowded into a corner, his back hitting the wall with a thud.

"I don't know who made you think you can talk to alphas like that, i'm sorry for assuming that you would be respectful, it's not like you lived with a bunch of psycho alphas for years." She was mocking Jimin. Mocking his words he had uttered not five minutes ago, and suddenly he feels an anger that he can't contain, his scent spiking wildly with distress and pure anger. How dare she mock him, she knew nothing about what he had been through to get to where he's standing now, she knew nothing about the pain he had been through. She had no right.

He wildly pulled her finger away from his chest, and made himself bigger.

"Get your filthy hands off me." He almost yelled. "I don't appreciate you mocking my past experiences, because to get out of a shit hole like that, and come and stand up to you, shows i'm stronger than you'll ever be." And with a last scoff, he pushed her arm out of the way and headed for the door, slamming it closed for dramatic effect.

Ahhhh yes sassy jimin!

Who's your favourite character in this story?