12. Fall.

Pep decided to stay home with me today. I called my aunt to check up on her and learned that she's been getting money every week from me, which was weird because since I've been with Pep I hadn't had the chance to give her money. The only explanation I had for it was that Pep was sending her money. My pay wasn't short so it had to be directly from her pocket. I told her to send some to mom and we talked about how she's been holding up and then we hung up.

We were in her room listening to her music selection and I was kind of shocked at some of the songs that played, some of them were deep and heartwarming, and others allowed me to see the type of consolation she used for her pain. She also loved afrobeats and I couldn't help but to catch onto the lively rhythm of the songs.

Fall by Davido started playing and I watched her pull a small black duffel bag from under the bed and quickly zipped it open. The song started and she had a wide Cheshire pus grin on her face.

"I think you might want to record this." She winked at me.

I pulled open my Snapchat and found my favorite filter. I focused the camera on Pep and the duffel bag with the song playing in the background.

Money fall on you
Banana fall on you
Prada fall on you
Cause I'm in love with you yeah

Pep started throwing money on me. I laughed out as the first handful rained down on me and Pep danced to the song while gathering more and throwing a next handful.

Money fall on you
Banana fall on you
Paparazzi follow you
Cause I'm in love with you yeah

So much money was already on the bed but she kept throwing more and it didn't seem like the duffel bag was looking to be empty any time soon. She sung the lyrics as if she spoke fluent Nigerian and I watched as she took out her own phone and started videoing.

"Are you done talking? Tell me baby are you done talking?" Pep came over to me and flicked my nose.

"Never, will always buss your ears." I laughed out.

"When I say if I offended you, you shout out the same thing okay?" She instructed.

The song continued and we got to the part where she wanted us to sing together, I cleared my throat and spun around so that the camera and filter could catch us both.

"If I offended yoooou." Pep sung out.

"IF I OFFENDED YOOOOU." I sung out after her and heard her laughter warm my heart.

"Biko, sorry o baby take heart o." She continued singing.

I couldn't lie, I was genuinely happy right now. The moment didn't feel forced, it didn't feel like she wasn't giving me a choice to live freely, it felt as if I wanted to be here but I could've left when she left and not look back but I stayed and cooked her meals and waited on her to get back, even with a stab wound in my thigh. I posted the snap and started a new one when the chorus came around and she started throwing more money. My singsong laughter echoed around us while Pep sung and danced in front of the camera.

"If I talk, dem go say I dey talk. Tell me why dem dey use panadol for our headache? How I go chop if my baby no chop? They want to spoil our market, yeah. I don't wanna be a player no more, yeah. I don't wanna be a player no more. Cause my guys call me Cristiano, Mr Ronaldo, Omo Nintendo." She snapped her fingers while rolling her waist and tapping her foot against the plush dark gray rug.

I loved how long her locks were, they swung around her beautiful face and I could've never caught her in a better light, she seemed happy right now. Maybe her demons were asleep or maybe they enjoyed this kind of behavior, she loved money and she loved to make money so where would I fall in?