51. Attention.

"When's Ray coming from work?" Tash drew out.

She was bored, Pep was locked up in her office everyday and it was like clockwork; as soon as she was finished with breakfast she climbed the steps to her office and then be down by the time Tash was through with dinner.

Tash looked at the wall clock frustrated to see that it was just past 2. She spent Ray's entire lunch time on the phone with her just chatting away about how boring and laid back her job was. It was soon that time of day when Pep left her office for a snack or to prepare something light for lunch, Tash had an idea to make her pay attention and she bet her highest hopes that it would work perfectly. Fixing her neon yellow Nike sports, Tash quickly jumped up as she heard the office door click open and then shut. Her tight boy shorts like boxers matched the same neon yellow tone of her sports bra with her long mesh black robe with faux fur at the end; since there was no island in the kitchen, Tash quickly jumped up onto the counter spreading her robe out around her for extra dramatics. Taking up her phone and the cut fruits she had placed at that specific location, she pretended to be lost scrolling through social media while slowly picking at the fruits.

Walking into the kitchen, Pep saw Tash first. She looked good enough to eat but instead of giving Tash the attention she wanted, Pep remembered the pile of paperwork she had left to do and went straight for the fridge to get her chia pudding that Tash made for her. Pep avoided looking at Tash knowing that if she did, her paperwork would be long forgotten. Tash watched as Pep took up a clean spoon and bounced right out of the kitchen without acknowledging her, Pep didn't even spare a glance.

"What the fuck?" Tash's face matched her sentiment as she quickly jumped from the counter and thought of a plan b.

Tash knew it more than likely wasn't a good idea to disturb Pep while she was working but she was bored out of her mind and would start doing some wild shit if she was left alone and unsupervised for too long. Making her way to the throne room, Tash pulled out her box of pills- she thought about drugging Pep but that would only get her on her bad side and what she wanted was sex. Tash thought deeply into what she could and couldn't do, looking at the bar she noticed they were all out of club soda and that was a good enough reason to leave the house. With a mischievous smirk on her face, Tash took the steps two at a time running towards the master bedroom. She had already showered earlier so she drew on sweats and a RIPNDIP white shirt, Tash loved the brand because of the cat showing a middle finger, she could silently tell persons to fuck off by just pulling her pocket down and there was a cat with a smug grin flipping them off. Tash completed her outfit with her pink and white checkered Vans, AppleWatch and a thin silver chain.

Stepping outside onto the steps, Tash softly closed the door behind her and locked the top lock with her key before tiptoeing off to the BMW. She knew starting up the car would notify Pep of her current delinquent activities but she didn't care, she knew she'd be on her way to the end of the road by the time Pep got outside. She unlocked the doors and thankfully it was quiet because Pep hated drawing attention to herself. As soon as Tash pushed the button and the car roared to life Pep was already standing at the door with an annoyed expression on her face.

"And where do you think you're going?" Pep folded her arms across her chest as she stepped onto the concrete steps in her white socks.

Without answering, Tash put the gear stick into reverse and stepped onto the gas pedal. Pep had a shocked look on her face, not only was she not expecting Tash to disobey her but she was surprised at the control Tash had on the car. One question was floating around her brain and she couldn't put an answer to it; who taught her to drive like that.

With a loud laugh, Tash turned the steering wheel and sped off down the road. Pep walked to the end of the driveway watching Tash's display of maniacal tendency as she clicked the control button in her hand setting off the kill switch. Tash's foot never eased off the gas pedal until she came to the end of the road, she looked left and right before pressing her foot down again only to find out that the car was now stationery, the lights blinked before they faded out and the engine slowly died down, she knew Pep had something to do with this. Tash forgot about the cameras on the outside of the house, of course Pep was watching. Pep contemplated going back inside and leaving Tash to panic but she didn't want to leave her car at the intersection, she really loved that car and it would take two months to replace it since it was shipped from the US. Hissing her teeth, Pep went for her slides and made her way down the long road to get her car back, after a good five minutes walk Pep was finally at the car; she tapped onto the window startling Tash.