19. Remorse-what?

The car skid to a stop in the middle of the open lot. We quickly got out and ran towards the dilapidated warehouse, we heard the cars pull in behind us and the shooting continued. River and I didn't look back as we lifted our guns and shot blindly behind us, we just needed to get into the warehouse and lure them in, Razor should be there waiting on us. I heard a loud scream and turned to see Rayuga falling and grabbing at her shoulder.

"Cover me." I shouted and ran over to her.

I helped her up and I moved as fast as she could trying to get us to safety. I heard River shout and grabbed his shoulder but he didn't stop shooting. We managed to get into the warehouse and hid below the steps.

"Where the fuck is Razor?" I hissed.

"He should be here- shit!" More gunshots went off and I quickly ducked to avoid getting shot.

"I don't wanna die right here," Rayuga was crying in my arms.

"Shh, shh. I'll get us out of here." I tried to hush her.

"They're coming. Shh, go hide." River pushed himself in front of us.

"River, please don't die." I felt my own tears.

"I'll try my best not to lil G." He patted my shoulder and lifted his gun preparing himself for whoever came around the corner.

I heard his gun went off but others were firing as well. Someone got hit but I couldn't tell who, River's gun fell from his hand and his body swayed on his knees. The sob got stuck in my throat as his body collapsed on the dusty concrete floor, I dropped Rayuga from my arms and crawled over to him. I took up the gun and pulled the trigger sending the remaining bullets at the man standing in front of me, I caught him off-guard, he was too busy staring at whatever was happening at the entrance.

"RIVER!! PLEASE, DO NOT DIE ON ME! I NEED YOU MAN, I FUCKING NEED YOU." I lifted my fist and repeatedly punched him in the chest.

I didn't know where the bullet hit so I didn't know where to apply pressure. I heard foot steps coming around the corner and I didn't move, I continued to clutch onto River's lifeless body all the will to live leaving my bones.

"I'm sorry." The statement was directed to Rayuga.

"Kash?" It was Razor.

He finally turned the corner so I could see him. "WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?" I got up and shouted at him.

"HE'S FUCKING DEAD TREVOR!" I called out his real name.

"TYRESE IS DEAD." I fell to my knees beside my friend's body sobs wracking through my own.

Razor started crying too. He lifted the body in his arms and walked out leaving me behind. Two of our men came up to us and I directed them to help Rayuga and get her taken care of before she bleeds out. I need Pep, I couldn't do this shit on my own. I took out my phone and called her lawyers.

"When is she coming home?" I said through my tears.

"Here, speak to her." I heard him sigh before the shuffling.

"Tasheka?" Her voice was laced with concern and worry.

"Taidan, baby. I need you." I broke down further.

"What's wrong?" She started to panic.

"Riverisdead." My words came out as one.

"Daddy's coming home tonight." She disconnected the call.

I took the phone from my ear and the tears continued to flow. I couldn't stop them, they didn't seem to want to stop. I was so tired, so fucking tired. I dropped the phone and before I knew it I was passed out cold on the ground.