23. Please, don't leave me.

We got home a few minutes ago. The silence was thick enough for a knife to slice through. My anger was boiling up and threatened to spill over any second now. I was in the bathroom, I took a quick shower then went to hang my suit up. I did my nightly routine and left the bathroom, we had a silent rule; only start the arguments after we've both settled in.

Usually, I would be watching tv in the middle of the bed waiting on Pep to join me but right now I was to the furthest corner on my phone with a pillow behind my back. I scrolled through twitter laughing at random shit before I went to Snapchat to watch some stories. I posted all of the snaps I took of the boat ride and the pictures the group and I took. Pep took way longer to leave the bathroom, was she afraid of a confrontation? I was just about to get up when she stepped from the bathroom with a cold and emotionless expression on her face. The temperature in the room dropped below zero as I stared into her cold eyes. I wasn't going to back down though and tonight was going to be catastrophic.

"Just another one of your girls?" I asked sarcastically.

"Maybe you should've just fucked her right there and then for the whole boat to see." Her voice was acidic.

"Maybe I should've," I smirked.

She rushed up to me but I didn't back down and I didn't flinch either. "You're mine." She was up in my face.

"Nah, bro. I'm just another one of your workers." I bumped her shoulder moving past her.

"Where do you think you're going?" She quickly grabbed my arm.

"To sleep elsewhere, bosses don't sleep with just another of their girls." I pulled my arm away from her.

"Can you fucking let it go?" She shouted.

"No!" I raised my voice too.

"You're not just another one of my girls." She argued.

"You're right." I touched my chin with a finger and continued, "I'm one of your top girls. We only provide the best, right?" I mocked her.

She raised her hand and slapped me across the face. I held my jaw with a morbid expression on my face and raised my hand back at her, I drew my fist from behind me and swung it at her face. She hadn't expected it so there was no dodging the hit. I didn't stop there though before she could recover I rushed up to her and kicked in her knees watching her fall. I grabbed onto her locs and dragged her down so she could lie flat, I straddled her chest and flung my fists left and right into her face. I was tired of this bullshit, I was the best fighter in high school and I wasn't going to sit and take her beatings anymore.

She had one hand blocking my fists while she used the other hand to grab my loose hair and dragged me down beside her, I screamed out as my head connected with the bed frame and I started to feel dizzy as the pain-racked through my body. I kicked out my feet hitting her in the stomach as I crawled away from her, she grabbed my feet and pulled me back towards her.

"Stop it!" She shouted.

"Fuck you!" I cried.

I got to the other side of the room and took up a pillow and my blanket trying to escape the room but she got to me before I could, she grabbed my hair pulling me back towards her.

"You're not leaving me." She placed me in a chokehold.

I tried to tug at her hands but I knew that was futile so I scratched at her face and pulled her hair, I was bound to pass out soon and I wouldn't let that happen. I felt around for her eyes, I jabbed my thumb into the closest one and she let me go with a scream. I ran back towards the other side of the room that was closer to the closet and bathroom, I saw her advancing towards me so I took up the lamp and dragged it from the wall socket and flung it in her direction, that was my favorite lamp hence why it was on my side of the bed.

"I told you to stop hitting on me." I was crying now.

Pep's eye was red and swollen and her face and neck had scratches on them.

"You need to stop acting like a fucking fool." She rushed toward me again.

I dodged and ended up flinging myself into the mirror but not hard enough to crack it. I rubbed my shoulder but didn't have enough time to move as she grabbed me and pulled me towards her trapping me in a tight hug. I started bawling loudly as I pushed and thrashed against her trying to move away.

"Let me go! You don't fucking want me around! You can get any one of your other girls to do the same shit!" I bit down into her shoulder.

She hissed out in pain but her hold on me didn't falter. "Calm down." She whispered.

"I won't fucking calm down, I'm not stopping until you feel what the fuck I'm feeling!" I stepped on her toes.

I pushed us both back until she lost her balance and fell backward, luckily the bed was there to break our fall. "I'm sorry." She was crying.

"That's not enough." I flung my hand and it caught her in the face.

She let me go and I took that as my chance to escape once more. I quickly shot off the bed but she grabbed my foot and I ended up face-first onto the plush white carpet, too bad it wasn't thick enough to really break my fall. I felt my forehead split into two as I screamed out loudly from the unexpected impact. Once I opened my eyes, the white carpet was stained with crimson blood, I started to panic and grabbed my forehead. The blood only seeped through my fingers and ran down my arm.

"Look what you did to me," I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Baby, you know I never meant to hurt you." She tried to wrap her arms around me.

"Fuck you! I fucking hate you! Don't touch me!" I pushed her away from me as I tried to crawl away.

I didn't get far as the splitting headache I was feeling rendered me immobile as I curled up into a ball on the cold floor with tears falling from my eyes. I tried not to move, moving felt like I had iron rods running through my joints. I felt her pick me up and hugged me to her chest. I kept my eyes closed as the migraine pulsated through my head, I felt the streams of blood running down my face and tickling my nose.

"I need you, I need you." Pep whispered to me.

I had so many things to scream at her but my current state wouldn't allow it. I tried to silence my thoughts because even thinking felt like a strenuous task, Pep wouldn't stop until she killed me and I wouldn't go down without a fight. I wanted to push myself out of her hands but I knew I'd miss her warmth and I knew that no matter how self-dependent I was, I still needed her help right now.

I was out of it, my limbs were no longer my own as Pep felt the dead weight of my unconscious body. I wanted to stay and listen to her suffer for doing this to me but I couldn't keep myself awake. She was sniffling and the tears were coming in full waves.

"Please don't leave me, I need you Tasheka. I fucking love you."

My real-life Pep would never say that so I knew I was off to some other land by now, the unconscious dream world where I could control her tongue and she could whisper sweet words to me while I relished the comfort of her warmth.

**

"At the same time I wanna hug you, I wanna wrap my hands around your neck. You're an asshole but I love you and you make me so mad I ask myself; why I'm still here but where could I go? You're the only love I've ever known but I hate you, I really hate you so must I think it must be true love." P!nk, True Love.