1

"ever mine, ever thine,

ever ours."

I still remember the day a part of me died

Irreversibly.

***

"My sweet, precious Y/N,

What I'm about to tell you is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

It's painfully difficult for me to physically be away from you, but you should know that in my heart and mind I will always be close to you.

You're the first girl I have ever loved and I can say with certainty that you will be the last. I want you to always know this.

I still remember the first time I laid my eyes on you, struggling with your grocery bags under the pouring rain, no umbrella in your hands. All of the people had stopped, found a haven from the rain, waiting for it to stop. You were the only one who kept walking despite your soaked clothes.

I was amazed by your tiny slender figure, carrying those bags probably heavier than you, not stopping to take a breath.

"I don't need help," you said to me when I offered to take some of the heavy weight from your hands. Your gaze was so certain and confident, reflecting your definite statement. It pierced through me, through my heart.

However, you let me help you, despite your initial refusal, and let me walk beside you that day. The rain stopped, the sun came up. I bought you ice cream that day and we have been walking beside each other on our path ever since that day.

You've always been the strongest person I've ever known.

Which is why I hope you'll gather all your strength to understand what I'm about to tell you right now even though I barely brought myself to do this.

This letter is the last you'll hear from me. And I can't tell you why.

Oh, my sweet, innocent Y/N, how it pains me to tell you goodbye in such a terrible way. Actually, any other way to say my farewell to you would kill me. It's somehow ironic that I feel glad that I can't see the tears leaving your beautiful and deep hazel brown eyes at the moment. It would just devastate me.

The thought of never seeing you again just... breaks me, Y/N. But you should know that if I've ever been certain in anything else than my feelings about you, it's that staying away is the right thing to do.

It might not feel like that right now, but I know you'll understand me when the time comes.

I love you, your wonderful, angelic soul and your warm, precious heart. I love you to death, lovely Y/N. I will always carry with me the memories of your gorgeous smile, your melodic laugh and the precious moments we have cherished together.

Please, don't forget me. Because I most certainly will never be able to forget you, love of my life.

Forever yours, till my body is cold and my heart has stopped beating,

Jeon Jungkook"

My vision becomes blurry as my hands let go of the piece of paper. The sound of it falling on the ground echoes in my head, the world around me starts spinning.

A small gasp escapes my lips and I stop breathing, as if something very heavy falls on my chest. I feel like someone's reached inside my chest cavity and is clutching my heart in their hands, preventing it from beating normally.

How do I breathe again?

I can't seem to remember.

My body feels light and I start losing ground under my feet. I feel like I'm levitating and everything around me is still.

A shattering pain creeps in the corner of my mind, like a fog it slowly envelops my conscience.

The words I have just read start reverberating in my head, as my mind replays every memory I have of the boy who is the love of my life.

His every touch, every kiss, every laugh. His soft, hazel bangs, strands of them falling in front of his deep doe eyes. The eyes that have looked at me so many times, full of love and tenderness.

"I love you to death, Y/N," he said so very often, cupping my cheeks with his palms. "Nothing will ever keep me away from you."

Now I really feel like I'm dying, because my heart is shattered in a thousand little particles.

Why is everything going dark?

author's note:

hey there~ hope you enjoyed the first chapter. it might be confusing, but keep reading!

also leaving a vote will also highly be appreciated~ thank you! xx