31

"this love will take my everything,

one breath, one touch would be the end of me..."

"

***

What felt like a century was probably around five minutes. I finally heard two pairs of tires screech loudly when Taehyung's car turned up around the corner speeding and wavering for a couple of seconds before abruptly pulling up in front of me.

Taehyung jumped out of the car without even turning the engine off, his face darkened and his forehead and eyes covered by a black baseball cap.

Two large strides were all it took for him to get to me while I stood there, my limbs pinned to the ground underneath my feet. His eyes quickly scanned me from head to toes, sweepingly checking whether I was okay and whole.

He pressed his hands on my shoulders tightly, pulling me toward him. His gaze overflowed with care and concern, his hitched breathing gave away how worried he was.

"Get in the car." He said firmly and walked after me to the passenger's seat, closing the door for me before hopping back in front of the wheel.

Taehyung stomped on the gas pedal and I grabbed the edge of my seat, preventing my whole body to lean forward because of the sudden acceleration.

He didn't say another word, just kept driving wordlessly, his fingers white-knuckled on the leather wheel. Adrenaline flooded through my system as I folded my sweaty palms in my lap, stealing a quick glance at him. His chiseled jaw was clenched, his blank expression showing nothing more and nothing less. His eyes were still covered by the baseball cap, making it extremely hard for me to decipher the emotion his face conveyed.

"Taehyung?" A voice I hardly recognized as mine escaped my throat and a single muscle twitched on his face when he heard his name roll out on my tongue.

"Hmm?" He hummed, not even looking at me. He put one elbow on the door on his left, placing his fingers in front of his lips, rubbing them.

"Aren't you going to ask me what's going on?" I nibbled nervously on my lower lip, my eyes still not leaving Taehyung's face as I was beginning to wonder whether he was ignoring me on purpose.

"I was waiting for you to start talking." He uttered in a stern and lukewarm voice, devoid from any affection.

I gulped loudly while the emotions inside of me started to violently crash into each other, causing my brain to short-circuit.

"I can wait all night if you'd like, but I want to know what you were doing in the woods, in the middle of the night, all alone." Taehyung's gaze cast over me at last, but in a way that I wished he'd never look at me again. He didn't look angry, nor sad. His glare was just empty, just a wall of blankness.