34

"I pull you in to feel your heartbeat,

can you hear me screaming "please don't leave me"?"

***

Panting uncontrollably, I flew into the enormous hall where Taehyung's graduation ceremony was being held. Actually, enormous was an understatement – it was gigantic and cramped with people. I started swaying my head back and forth, frantically looking for Taehyung's light-brown hair.

Driving on the way here had somehow helped me to calm down my raging nerves. My emotions were still heightened, only not to the point of showing physical symptoms. I was strongly determined to talk to Taehyung; I was finally going to tell him everything. I wanted to be straight with him, he didn't deserve being lied to.

To be fair, I had tried telling him about Jungkook's sudden reappearance that same night. Yet, he was just too busy molesting my lips and my body. Not that I complained – I was still at fault for not making him stop and talking things out.

I started making my way through the crowd, stretching out my neck to see better. The place was overcrowded with exalted students and their proud beaming families. Everyone was talking loudly and cheerfully, cries of laughter echoed through the high walls. This contrasted vividly with my crippling anxiety. I felt like an invisible ghost swimming in a sea of blindfolded happy people, bumping into them, none of them making eye contact with me.

Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. As I gathered, the ceremony had just ended and people were slowly but steadily making their way to the exit while casually chit-chatting. I wondered whether he had left. If he did, then that meant I'd missed everything and I had let him down. He'd be disappointed in me, yet again, and it would break my heart for the second time since last night.

I suppressed the wave of hopelessness washing over me and gathered all my faith. He was there, he had to be. I felt that he was near, it was just that I couldn't spot him in this vast sea of random people.

My attention was drawn to a male frame to my right, dressed in oversized black clothes, resembling a smudged black spot in the middle of the crowd, standing out. His voice was oddly familiar and made me look in his direction immediately.

I had never been so happy to see Yoongi.

There, to his left stood another male silhouette, a little bit taller. His light-brown locks fell in front of his coffee brown orbs. His dark chocolate voice washed over me, wrapping me up like a soft blanket.

With my breath in my throat, I dragged my numb feet in the direction that they were standing, my mind suddenly going blank. What am I going to say when I go there? How is Taehyung going to react when he sees me? What if he pushes me away?

Internally fighting the urge to run away, I pinned my feet a couple of meters behind them and stared into empty space. The voices around me now sounded distant and tuneless. I suddenly couldn't take another step.