11

***

***

"you could be the final straw that brings me back to earth..."

***

9 missed calls from Celine is what I read on my display as soon as my vision restores.

3:05 am

Celine: where are u?? i saw Jaebum go after you and then you just disappeared. is everything alright??

3:11 am

Celine: Y/N i'm freaking out so bad rn. call me asap

3:21 am

Celine: Jimin's here and he tells me you're with Taehyung? wth happened? and why is Jaebum all beaten up? just tell me u're ok

"Here you go." Taehyung hands me over a glass of water and I take it, my fingers still trembling. We're in the middle of his kitchen once again, and I have no idea how we got there. I must've passed out in his car because when I opened my eyes I felt slightly refreshed.

I immediately notice a couple of bloody scratches on Taehyung's knuckles, the sleeves of his shirt stained with several drops of the red liquid.

Taehyung trails the direction of my gaze with his eyes and pulls his hand away quickly, leaning back on the kitchen counter nonchalantly.

"It's okay," he puts his injured arm behind his back. "Most of it is his, by the way."

"Let me take care of that." I stand up, searching through the shelves for a band-aid or a sterile gauze.

"It's nothing, really." Taehyung protests as my eyes fall onto a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide and I quickly grab it. I grasp his hand insistently but gently enough not to cause pain on the injured area and make him sit down.

Taehyung sucks on his teeth slightly, making a painful grimace when the liquid touches the flesh, causing a burning sensation to his hand.

"Sorry." I mutter, waiting for a few seconds for the solution to absorb before I place some bandage on. "The wound must be clean so it doesn't get infected." Taehyung nods, glancing at me. "All done."

"Thank you." He utters awkwardly at me touching gently the place where I had tied the knot in his bandage.

"No, it's me who should be thanking you. For coming to my rescue." I look at him with a serious look on my face, my stomach curling up at the thought of what could have happened to me if Taehyung didn't appear.

"I guess it's my fault though. I shouldn't have been drinking so recklessly. I don't know what's got into me." I shrug my shoulders and lower my gaze, my head filling with guilt and remorse.