38

"Collapse into me. Just once. I promise you'll never have to do it again."

***

At first, I thought the darkness had deceived me, or my eyes had been confused by the abrupt light shred through the doorframe.

"What are you doing here, Jungkook?"

Bewildered, I stared at his form. His shoulders slump, eyes rounded and chest heaving as though he had been running. Impatient, I raised an eyebrow, urging him to speak, but he remained silent.

"Jungkook?" I called him out again. A slight panic took over me as the smell of smoke in the room became even more evident. Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. I could tell it from his face. "Why are you here? Please, you have to go. They're after you-"

"He called me," a different voice spoke out from behind Jungkook, flat and monotone as another silhouetted figure panned into view, slightly shorter. Crow black bangs cascading over his ebony orbs and white creamy skin, making his dark hues even more prominent.

Yoongi, you just saved my life.

Again.

I couldn't help it when a sigh of relief forced its way up my throat. Somehow Yoongi always managed to be in the right place at the right time when there was trouble.

"But, how-" My jaw dropped when he hurriedly entered the room, finding himself right next to me and Taehyung in a couple of leaps.

"What happened to him?" He questioned without looking at me, a tinge of worry in his voice.

"I have no idea," A small yelp escaped my lips as I was reminded of opening my eyes to an injured Taehyung. "I think they beat him up or something. He was barely conscious some seconds ago."

Yoongi mumbled something inaudible, pressing the back of his hand to Taehyung's forehead, "I think he has a fever," he stated flatly. He put two fingers a little below Taehyung's wrist, searching for a pulse. "That's not good. His pulse is very weak," My stomach turned upside down at his words. "We have to get going immediately."

I nibbled on my lower lip nervously. Yoongi's arrival somehow calmed me down for a second, but now seeing Taehyung in such a critical state frightened me to my bones. His skin sallow and his eyes sunken, cold sweat glistened on his forehead.

Yoongi turned around, glancing at Jungkook over his shoulder. "Care to contribute?" he scowled dryly.

Jungkook's eyebrows shot sky high as though he was just now awakening from a trance. I had never seen him so confused.

Still a little bit out of it, he quickly walked up to us and took a folding knife out of his pocket, using it to start cutting the ropes wrapped around Taehyung's wrists. Taehyung's whole body drooped forward upon being released from the knot. He hissed, the shattering pain obviously being the only thing keeping him half-conscious now. I winced, witnessing his face lacking its usual liveliness completely.