26

***

Unknown number:

"Hoseok's photo studio. Tomorrow at 6 pm."

These were the words that clasped on my throat the moment I read them on my phone screen.

I had no doubts about who this was.

I tried to be as nonchalant about it as possible in front of Taehyung, but I was almost sure that he knew something was off about me. He just didn't want to invade my personal space.

The thought of me being dishonest with him tormented me, but I wasn't going to tell him anything until I knew what the hell was Jungkook up to and the reason behind his sudden reappearance.

***

The tiny bell rang when I pushed the glass door of Hopeworld Photo Studio, announcing my arrival. The familiar sweet scent of strawberry in the air made my gut twirl, awakening a feeling of uneasiness inside of me all over again. I noticed bitterly that, as opposed to the last time I was here, the studio seemed way darker and emptier than how I remembered it. The lights were dim and there were absolutely no clients.

Just Hoseok.

He was sitting behind the counter, eyes glued to something in front of him. His lips were pursed like he was deep in thought. He rose his gaze the second I closed the door, the loud thud echoing through the empty space.

"Y/N." He stood up lazily, walking up to me. He was dressed in a black Puma tracksuit and a black baseball cap, sporting a casual look. This time his expression was calm and collected, no trail of his sly and sardonic smile that had imprinted deep into my mind from last time.

"He's in the back."

He and I both knew there was no need for him to clarify who he was talking about.

Hoseok pointed his long finger to the door behind the counter and I traced the distance with my eyes, swallowing the anxious lump that had formed in my throat.

"Thank you." I uttered blankly and took a halting step towards the door, when suddenly the brown-haired boy set his body in front of me, standing in my way. I looked at him questioningly.

"I just wanted to say that," He let out a light cough and rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand, "I think I owe you an apology about the last time we talked. I- I was too harsh to you for no reason." He inhaled heavily and pointed towards the back door with his chin. "I hope that after you talk with him... you'll understand why I was like that."

I arched my eyebrows at him in slight surprise at his sudden confession.

"It's forgotten." I curled up my lips in a small smile, patting him on the shoulder. "No hard feelings."