20

My heart skips a beat when my gaze falls on the view beside me

His disheveled light brown hair, illuminated by the first sun rays of the day that were shyly peeping through the curtains. His pink soft lips, slightly parted halfway as he breathed slowly. His bare chest, raising and falling down as he inhaled and exhaled.

I admired him in awe of the raw and vulnerable state that I was seeing him in for the first time.

My mouth stretches in the widest grin that my face muscles allow me and for some reason, I can't stop smiling.

The tips of my fingers gently trace the soft skin of his shoulder and I move even closer, placing my chin on it. He looks so peaceful as if he's deeply asleep.

Suddenly, he grabs me by the waist and flips me over on top of him, his eyes still not opening.

"Taehyung!" I giggle, as he presses me closer to his chest and I'm instantly reminded of how my skin felt against his. "I thought you were sleeping."

"Well, it's very hard to stay asleep when someone's staring at your face as creepily as you." He replies, tracing my skin with sweet butterfly kisses. I start laughing because of the ticklish sensation his breath sends across my body.

"What was going on in your beautiful head?" Taehyung asks, his soft palm starts caressing my hair.

"Hey, this is my own personal business." I pout playfully.

He raises his eyebrows and snorts, suppressing a laugh.

"I'll tell you what I'm thinking if you tell me too."

"Okay, but you go first." I bargain, standing up on my elbows, resting my chin on my palm.

Taehyung makes a little pause while he runs his long fingers through my hair, contemplating my face. The next moment, a wide smile painted over his lips.

"I'm thinking about how I'm the luckiest guy in the world." He says very quietly, his tone close to a whisper. "I'm thinking about how happy I am to wake up next to you. The happiest I've ever been."

I remain silent, a thousand butterflies coming to life in my stomach, as my eyes widen in amazement at his reply.

His finger starts gliding on my bare back, his big beautiful eyes still fixated to my face. I gulp loudly.

"What is it that you're thinking about?" Taehyung asks, looking at me questioningly.

"I'm thinking about how I had no idea what a gooey romantic you were." I chuckle.

"Well, perhaps there were a lot of things you didn't know about me," Taehyung utters playfully, grabbing me by the waist again only to turn me over under his body, his chest hovering over mine, his hands gently gripping on my wrists.

His deep orbs stare at my face for a while, examining every little detail, as though he's admiring it. His fingers put away a long strand of my hair that has fallen in front of my eyes.