30

"It's strange what desire will make foolish people do."

***

***

I fucked up.

I fucked up bad.

Even with my mind half-asleep, I was still fully aware of it.

As soon as I open my eyes, my heart starts vigorously hammering in my chest. Someone's limp arm lays on top of my body, pressing on it heavily. I turn my head around only for my eyes to fall on a sleeping Jungkook, his long eyelashes fluttering in sync with his peaceful breathing.

In any other case, this would be a view I'd love to wake up next to. Right now, it made me feel sick to my bones.

I slither from under the thin blanket we laid under. I do it extremely slowly and cautiously, not wanting to wake Jungkook up. He grunts lowly as his arm falls down next to him, resting on the empty spot that my body used to lie.

It's still dark outside so that means we haven't been sleeping long. I remember being completely drained of my energy, my exhausted body collapsing next to Jungkook on the tiny bed in this creaky cabin in the middle of nowhere. It was all too much for me.

I bury my face into my palms, sighing heavily with frustration.

The rain outside has stopped and it's absolutely silent, feigned tranquility that booms loudly in my head, making me feel uneasy.

I need to think clearly.

Well, it's a little bit too late for that now.

I groan quietly and stand up, taking a few steps towards the bathroom door. My attention is suddenly caught by Jungkook's phone placed on the floor next to the bed. It's buzzing intensely, it's screen lighting up.

Don't look at it. You shouldn't look at it.

I've never been someone who pries, but this time my curiosity gets the best of me and I bend over, taking the phone in my hand and peeking at the fluorescent display.

Suddenly my mind can't process what my eyes are seeing.

03:08 am

Jina:

"Jungkookie, when are you coming back? Everything you wanted is set and waiting for you~"

The words reverberate in my head as I slowly lose ground under my feet. The phone slips through my fingers and lands on the floor with a loud thud that booms in my ears.

"Y/N? What's going on?" Jungkook lifts his head from the pillow, his eyes still puffy and his black raven hair dishevelled. He rubs his eyelids with his hand as his body sits up straight in the bed.

"I cannot believe you," I utter in a deadly voice, all the muscles in my body tightened.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook frowns and offers me a puzzled look. Once he's out from his sleepy daze, he notices my shocked expression and his phone laying on the ground, quickly stretching out his arm to pick it up.