22

***

See you tomorrow, Y/N!" Yuri waved her hand cheerfully as we were saying goodbye in front of the university building. I waved back at her, giving her a warm smile.

It was a nice spring evening and the sun was just starting to set behind the horizon. I raised my head and took a look at the beautiful pink and red nuances in the sky, forming a breathtaking view that would stay the same only for a few more moments.

My phone buzzed in my bag and I took it out.

Taehyung:

My last class started late. I won't be able to pick you up. So sorry. Meet you back at your place?

I gave out an exasperated sigh. My apartment was nowhere near the university and Celine had mysteriously bolted on me again on what I suspected to be a date with Jimin, so it looked like I'd have to walk home alone.

As my thoughts raced through my brain, my phone buzzed a second time.

Taehyung:

I miss you.

My lips curled up in a little smile, all of my frustration fading away at once.

Oh well, the weather's nice anyway so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a little walk. I'll just plug in my earphones and put on some music and be home in no time.

Just as I started typing back "I miss you too" to Taehyung, my phone was rude enough to announce that my battery was running low and without giving me any time to complete my message, it turned off.

"Damn it." I cursed quietly, rolling my eyes.

So I guess no music for me then. I threw my phone back in my bag and picked up my pace, the light chilly breeze piercing through my thin blouse. It was starting to get darker by the minute, so I had to hurry up if I wanted to make it back at home in time.

It was a Friday evening so everyone was eager to go home as soon as possible to prepare for a weekend trip and take advantage of the nice weather. The streets were almost empty, only a car or two passed me by as I was walking energetically on the pavement, the heavy bags in my back starting to wear me down.

The shops and restaurants that I was passing by were starting to close already, the owners and employees probably couldn't wait to have a good rest after working all week.

Suddenly I thought of a bakery just around the corner that had the most amazing cupcakes. If I picked up my pace and changed my route a little bit perhaps I would be able to catch them just before closing and pick up some cupcakes for Taehyung.

I smiled at the thought of making him happy.

With my new set goal, I made a shortcut towards a narrow street. I had never passed through there but I was fairly certain it would take me where I wanted to be.