32

"This is my confession. As dark as I am, I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces, with all of my pieces."

***

"This is just the weirdest thing I've ever heard."

Celine took a bite of the chocolate muffin in her hand and chewed on it very slowly, her overstuffed cheeks giving her a funny chipmunk look.

There was nothing funny in the story I had just told her in the last hour and a half though.

"For the love of God, keep your voice down," I hissed, my eyes darting to the almost empty coffee shop we were sitting in. The bartender who was casually scrubbing a couple of wet glasses behind the bar threw us a weird glance.

"What do you want from me? It's a lot of information to absorb," Celine whisper-yelled. "Why didn't you keep me in the loop?"

"Everything happened so quickly," I rolled my eyes. "Moreover, I'd love to keep you in the loop if only your phone wasn't turned off last night." I offered her a meaningful look.

"Sorry, my battery died." Celine apologized. "To be fair, I wasn't expecting you to call me in the middle of the night to pick you up from the fucking forest."

"You have a point." I sighed, rubbing my temples. A thick silence fell on the air around us while both of us started into empty space.

"Wow, I just don't know where to begin," Celine said finally and her lips stretched in a smirk. "So, Jungkook. I always knew he was rich, but I never imagined him to be filthy rich."

My eyes rounded in disbelief and I clicked my tongue.

"That's such a shallow thing to say," I scowled. "Besides, it's not his money. It's his family's money."

"I know, I know, I was just kidding." Celine rolled her eyes. "This whole situation has drained your sense of humor." She tapped her fingers on the table. "So we really have no idea who this Jina person is?"

My stomach instantly tied in a knot at the mention of the name I dreaded to even think about. My mind had kindly suppressed that terrible detail from last night but Celine's question brought it up again.

"No, we don't." I confirmed darkly.

Celine put her elbow on the table and rested her chiseled jaw on her palm as though she was deep in thought.

"I just never expected something like this from Jungkook." She sighed. "I never knew him that well, but I always had the impression that he had a backbone, that he was a guy with principles."

"Turns out I've probably never known him that well either." I replied bitterly.

"Y/N, if I have to be honest, and I'm guessing that's what you want me to be," Celine threw me a concerned glance. "You shouldn't have run off from that cabin last night."