17

"Just when I thought I had forgotten you,

sleep took over

and we were dancing again."

- S.L. Gray

 Gray

***

A sweet scent of vanilla filled the air that I inhaled slowly. Something soft tickled my cheek and I let out a small laugh, opening my eyes against the sun rays that caressed my eyelashes.

"Hey, babe. Did you sleep well?" A gentle melodic voice asks and I squint my eyes to focus on the male figure sitting next to me.

"Jungkook?" I gasp in disbelief, shifting my whole body to face his as I grasp his hand to check if he's real. "You're here?"

"Of course I am." Jungkook frowned, slightly surprised at the question. His hazelnut brown bangs fell before his beautiful eyes that sparkled magically, reflecting the sunlight. He put his other hand on mine and I look at it, amazed at how real everything feels.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked softly, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. My eyes traveled somewhere behind him, scanning our surroundings. I recognized that we were in Jungkook's room, but everything looked slightly different. Somewhat lighter. Even Jungkook himself was wearing a snow-white loose shirt and white pants that stretched all the way down to his bare feet.

"Babe, what's the matter? You seem tense." He asked, calmly observing my face. I feel a wave of anxiety wash over me as my mind painfully reminded me of what happened today. Or was it yesterday? I couldn't seem to remember.

"Jungkook, did you talk to Taehyung?" I inquire as Jungkook's palms tenderly engulf mine. His perfectly sculpted eyebrows raise and he purses his lips as if he was deep in thought.

"Who?"

I feel all the blood leave my face and direct towards my vigorously pumping heart.

"Kim Taehyung, Jungkook." I emphasize on the name and stare in his eyes, patiently awaiting some kind of a reaction from his side. "Your best friend?"

Jungkook grins, uncovering a perfect set of teeth as his pink lips stretch in a wide smile.

"Babe, what are you talking about? My best friends are Jimin and Hoseok." Jungkook frowns. "And Namjoon hyung, but he studies in America so we rarely see each other."

All the muscles in my body stiffen, making it impossible for me to move. My thoughts start crashing against my brain as a terrifying feeling of dismay creeps up in my chest.

"Jungkook, are you joking? Tell me this is a joke." I utter, my voice raspy and hoarse. He shakes his head slowly.

"Babe, I don't know a person named Taehyung." He says very softly, as though he is talking to a child.