4

"distance makes the heart grow fonder,

said by someone stronger
than me."

"

***

Days passed by slowly while the only thing on my mind was Jungkook and his painfully perceptible absence.

The feeling was as though someone had broken into my soul and stolen a piece of my heart.

A very, very big piece.

Maybe even my whole heart.

I counted down the minutes until the end of my boring lecture, staring at the clock on the wall, with no idea of the topic that day whatsoever. I was starting to doze off when the vibration from my bag almost made me jump in my seat.

I dug into my bag frantically until I found my phone.

I pretended to go to the bathroom and jumped right in the hallway, picking up as quickly as I could.

"You were right." The husky, deep voice pierced right through me and I held my breath unintendedly.

No hellos, no nothing. Taehyung was straight-forward.

"About what?" I gulped so loudly that people in the other half of the hall must have heard me.

"About Jungkook." Taehyung replied and I heard him sigh in his phone's mic. "Something isn't right. His cell still is out of reach and he hasn't been home in several days. None of his neighbors have seen him. I asked."

Tiny shivers went down my spine as my heart thudded in my chest as if it was going to burst. I felt how the fear clutched my throat and no sound could go out of my mouth.

"Even his parents haven't heard from him. I didn't tell them why I was asking, though. They'd be worried and it'd a whole big thing."

"I- I see. Yeah, yeah, that's probably for the better." I stuttered finally. A feeling of hopelessness washed over me like a wave. Taehyung was awfully silent on the other side.

"Listen, Y/N. This whole thing is starting to creep me out as well. At first, I thought we shouldn't worry, but... now I don't know." He spoke up in a serious manner but I sensed the anxiety in his voice. "My cousin Yoongi... his dad's a police investigator. Yoongi himself is somewhat of a hacker. I'm pretty sure they could be of use if I go to them for help. Maybe they could track his calls, or his phone, bank transactions... I don't know, just anything. Anything to let us see that Jungkook is..." Taehyung paused.

"Alive?" I shivered at the mention of the word and a taste of bitterness filled my mouth.

"Come by my house tonight, at 8 pm." Taehyung commanded and hung up.