25

***

Taehyung POV

The smell of coffee infiltrated my nostrils as she sat next to me, her slender fingers clenching on the big white cup in her right hand.

"No milk today?" I smile, my eyes fall on her bare legs that my oversized T-shirt hardly covered. Her disobedient light brown hair fell in front of her big hazelnut eyes and she removed the stray strands lazily.

"We ran out of milk two days ago." Y/N grinned in amusement. "I forgot to get a new one. I have no idea why I'm so distracted recently."

She looked down at the table, biting her lower lip. She looked so stunning even in the morning, with her bare face and uncombed hair.

I smiled with the corner of my mouth, taking pride in the fact that I got to have her in my arms, fall asleep and wake up next to her in the morning.

Silence filled the air between us as the only sound was that of her fingers tapping on the edge of the coffee cup. Her forehead frowned and her nose was slightly wrinkled, a sign that she was somewhere deep in her thoughts. I could see something was on her mind but no matter how much I wanted to know what troubled her, I had no intention to pry. She'd tell me if she wanted to.

"Taehyung," Y/N finally averted her gaze from the coffee mug towards my face. "I have a question I wanted to ask you."

I leaned in closer towards her and gave her a reassuring look.

"Anything. Ask away, beautiful."

She nibbled on her lower lip, obviously hesitating. I kept my silence patiently, giving her time to speak her thoughts.

"It's about yesterday." She puffed her cheeks and exhaled slowly. "What did you and Yoongi mean when you said that "it's already taken care of"? The thing with Jaebum, I mean."

I clenched my jaw, trying my best to keep my cool. My blood started to boil with anger the second I was reminded of the previous day.

"I thought I told you not to worry about it anymore." I uttered blankly.

"Yes, but I was just curious." She brushed it off like it was no big deal, but I could see it in her eyes that she was nervous.

"I just made sure that Jaebum would never bother you again." I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head. Y/N leaned her back against the armchair, sinking in between the cushions. She looked even tinier than she was.

"You didn't..." She pursed her lips to the side. "You didn't do anything that would get you in trouble, did you?"

Her usually big eyes seemed even wider now and it suddenly amused me, making me snort in a laugh.

"Y/N, are you implying that I killed Jaebum?" I burst into laughter and her expression softened. "You watch too much crime television."

She stared at me pensively, obviously still not convinced. I wanted her to trust me, to feel safe with me. I wanted her to feel protected and secure at all times.