27

"I run, run, run,

I can't stop.

This is all I can do anyway,

All I know is how to love you."

"

***

"What is this?"

Jungkook's voice echoes through my head as his eyes dart from my frozen expression to the drawing in the bag behind me.

All of the muscles in my body tighten up and I feel as if the blood flow to my brain has suddenly stopped.

Shit. Quick. How do I explain this?

I was so angry with Jungkook that I had forgotten that I myself had some things to explain. I just thought that this would happen later.

Or never.

Seconds pass as though they're hours while my mind makes several fruitless attempts to form a reasonable reply but to no avail.

The sudden noise of a door slamming behind me broke the thick tension that weighed upon us. A restless and panting Hoseok barged in the room, eyes glistening with fearful agitation. He looks right through me and straight at Jungkook.

"We have a problem." The tone of his voice is low and serious. "There's a black car with tinted windows parked right outside that has been here for a while and no one's getting out."

Jungkook's eyes round, the fingers of his right hand violently clenching on the edge of the table.

"Do you think-" He hisses through gritted teeth but Hoseok's vigorous nodding cuts him off in the middle of his sentence.

"They're here for you. You don't have much time." The two men exchange concerned looks while it takes me a few seconds to fully realize what is happening.

Hoseok puts his hand in one of his pockets, the sound of keys clacking against each other overlaps with Jungkook slamming his hand against the table.

"Damn it!" He cusses angrily. He glances towards me, his black bangs falling in front of his dark orbs. "We have to go. Now."

"We?" I cock an eyebrow and my heart drops to my stomach.

Before I can say another word, the keychain Hoseok tosses to Jungkook flies right over my head.

"Take my car, it's in the back. Quick!" The brown-haired man hisses. "I can try and win you a little bit of time, but not much. Hurry up, for God's sake!"

He whisper-yells more to me than to Jungkook since I suddenly seem to have forgotten how to walk. I feel like I'm in a movie and someone's pushed the fast-forward button for everyone except for me.