14

I push the heavy armor-plated door of Yoongi's house, my small palms redden from the weighty mass

I push the heavy armor-plated door of Yoongi's house, my small palms redden from the weighty mass. Walking right behind me, Taehyung takes bigger steps than mine and yet he still has trouble keeping up with my pace. We've been speeding on the way there, passing by one or two red lights, arriving in under five minutes.

We spent the whole way in complete silence, the only sounds in the car those of the roaring engine of Taehyung's Audi.

The inside of Yoongi's house is dark and cold, just like I imagined his soul to be. A chilly breeze pierces through the thin cotton hoodie I had grabbed in a hurry only to cover my bare arms. I couldn't distinguish what made me shiver: the cold air or the oppressive atmosphere that was clasping my throat.

Eventually realizing that I had no idea where to head to, Taehyung grabs me by the hand and nods at me to follow him. Walking past a long corridor with no furniture whatsoever, we approach another wooden door, muffled voices coming from behind it.

"No. Someone must have helped him. There's no way he could have done this on his own... Oh, Taehyung." Us appearing at the doorstep cuts off Yoongi's monotone speaking as he turns his spinning chair around to look at us. Then his gaze falls onto me standing beside his cousin and his expression grows into a mixture of surprise and discontent, but he quickly hides it. I suddenly start feeling uncomfortable.

I then shift my gaze curiously to look at the person Yoongi's talking to. Bent towards the computer screen, I see a tall and slender man with broad shoulders standing next to Taehyung's cousin. He's wearing a snow-white shirt with sleeves up, tucked into dark blue skinny jeans that emphasize his long and elegant figure.

My first thought was that he looked just like a model straight out of a commercial. He had dark shiny hair with bangs that fell on his forehead in a casual way. When he turned around to look at us, I was taken aback by his perfect facial features. Usually, I don't say this easily, but this man was gorgeous. The round glasses resting on his nose made him look like a very professional and businesslike person.

"Hello!" The stranger greeted us cheerfully, as he straightened out his posture I noticed how tall he was, maybe a little bit taller than Taehyung. He reached out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Junior Criminal Investigator Kim Seokjin."

I shuddered faintly at the announcement of his job. An investigator? He looked so young. Maybe three or four years older than us.

I muttered awkwardly my name while taking his firm handshake, glancing at Taehyung. He had once again put on his poker face and I had no idea what was going through his mind right now.

"Gosh, would you stop going around telling people you're a police investigator? You just graduated two months ago, Seokjin. My toy poodle Holly is tougher than you are." Yoongi grunted in annoyance, not impressed the slightest by the other man's introduction.

Jin didn't look offended at all by Yoongi's biting remark.

"Yes, but I had all straight As and just completed my internship working beside your Dad." He grinned, glancing at me and Taehyung with a certain pride in his eyes. "That's how I know Yoongi." He explained, as his gaze stayed on me for a couple of seconds, curiosity written on his face.