24

"I can't help but want oceans to part,

cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts..."

(WARNING: slightly mature content in this chapter)

***

"I already tried calling multiple times... Y/N!" Taehyung yells out and runs towards my weak form. He embraces me just as I was about to lose my balance, cradling me gently in his arms. "I was so worried. You were so late and your phone was off and..."

His raspy voice disappears towards the end of the sentence. Peeking through his shoulder, I see another figure standing in front of my apartment building.

Yoongi?

What is he doing here?

Taehyung slowly releases me from his arms, putting his hands on the side of my shoulders, and stares at my face worriedly.

"Is everything alright?" He asks, obviously having noticed my stuporous gaze. "You were supposed to be here an hour ago."

Yoongi's eyes are fixated on me, his slightly frowned brows and pursed lips suggest to me that most probably he's told Taehyung all about him bumping into Jaebum threatening me today.

What happened to minding his own business?

Well, of course he'd tell him. Taehyung is almost like his younger brother and I'm the girl that he's worried is going to hurt him.

"Um," I mutter, my mind frantically searching for plausible excuses. "I was chatting with Yuri after classes and completely lost track of time. She's always on and on about her boyfriend problems and I couldn't get out of it."

Taehyung cocks a brow and inhales heavily.

"But me and Yoongi passed by your university a couple of times with my car. That was the first place I guessed you'd be at."

My palms start to get cold and sweaty and I gulp loudly. They've been searching for me?

Lying has never been a strong suit of mine, as it made me extremely nervous and jumpy.

"Yes, that's because-" I stutter, choking on my words. "That's because we were sitting on a bench at the university park. It's all the way in the back of the building and that's probably why you haven't spotted us."

I blurt the words out as quickly as I can, in hope that I sound convincing.

Taehyung pushes the inside of his cheek with his tongue, glaring at me pensively. After a few seconds, his hardened expression breaks into a relieved one.

"Okay. All that matters is that you're here now." He says softly and hugs me again, this time a little bit lighter but I can still feel the worry in his body.