16

"Life went on without you. Of course, it did. Of course, it does. It was just an ending, they tell me, not the end."    - Lang Leav

"    - Lang Leav

Finding Hoseok's photo studio didn't take me long considering it was situated in a rather hidden and narrow street, away from the large and bustling boulevards. I spotted the not so noticeable sign on the door. "Photo Studio Hopeworld" it said, underneath the name, there was another sentence written in a slightly smaller font.

"Smile for the camera".

I picked up my pace towards the door, trying my best to remain as determined as I was when I left my place heading there. I entered cautiously, mentally praying that there were no customers.

"There you go, ma'am." I saw Hoseok beaming at a chubby old lady that seemed completely infatuated with his gorgeous smile and the rays of sunshine that his eyes illuminated.

"Thank you so much, sweetie." The lady smiled, endeared. "They're wonderful!" She exclaimed, taking a look at the photos Hoseok had just handed her over.

"I'm so glad you like them, Mrs. Park." Hoseok chimed happily and I immediately understood why probably all of his customers were so enchanted by him and his business was blooming. "See you again soon!"

The lady waved him goodbye, turning around to walk towards the exit.

Hoseok's smile widened even more from ear to ear the moment his eyes fell upon me, noticing me standing beside the door.

"Y/N!" He greeted me cheekily and I was slightly taken aback from his enthusiasm. I couldn't help but wonder if it was really genuine. My mind leaned towards the negative, remembering how well he fooled me with his act the other day when me and Taehyung ran into him at the coffee shop.

"What a pleasant surprise." Hoseok shakes my hand, gesturing for me to sit on one of the armchairs he had thoughtfully placed next to the door so that his customers could wait for their photos. "What brings you here?"

"I have a question to ask." I say vaguely, trying to keep my composure as nonchalant as possible. Hoseok claps his hands cheerfully.

"Okay! What is it about? Do you have an event you need a photographer for? I can make a discount for you, you know." He winks at me, his fabulous smile not leaving his face.

"Actually, it's about something else." I pause as I cross my legs slowly, Hoseok watches me questioningly.

"How long have you been making fake IDs for?"

Hoseok's face suddenly darkens, his wide smile slowly disappearing.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He smiles again, this time the feigned smile doesn't reach his eyes. There's no memory of the cheerfulness in his voice a while ago.