Episode 41 : Peeping into the Past

Next morning, Utkarsh was standing near the newly set Trophy case near the reception in the ground floor. He looked at all the trophies and pictures of victories memories. The karishma's trophy that they won was also there with their group picture. Urmila ma'am arrives at that spot. Utkarsh turns towards her and smiles. She walks towards him,

UMaam - So your looking at the trophy display?

U - Yes mom. Bohat acha lag raha hai ki main bhi Warrior High ki history mein hoon.

He points at his picture in the group picture as they won the Karishma trophy. Urmila ma'am smiles. As they were having a conversation, Sid was walking through the corridor. He saw them together and walked near by.

UMaam - Utkarsh, Do you know who this is?

She points at a young boy in another group picture. As Sid tried to see at whom his mom was pointing at, Utkarsh reads the names below that said which person stood in which position. It read "Prathick Rajput"

U (excited) - Prathick Rajput?

UMaam - Your Dad

Sid gives a shocked look when Urmila ma'am called Prathick Rajput as "His" (Utkarsh's) dad.

UMaam - Your dad was the best. In both academics and sports.

U - Toh main bilkul unki tarah nahi hoon. Na academics mein na sports mein.

Utkarsh gives a sheepish look and makes a noise from his mouth.

UMaam - Don't ever say that. Academics aur Sports mein best honey se kya hota hai. You're talented and most of all, a good person. Tum life mein jo bhi banogey, apney dad ka name zaroor roshan karogey. I'm sure you'll make us both very proud.

Hearing all this, Sid was more and more shocked. Most of all angry.

U - Thanks mom.

As Utkarsh smiles seeing his mom, he sees Sid standing behind looking angrily at Urmila ma'am. His eyes turns to Utkarsh. He gives a disappointed look and leaves the place which left Utkarsh disturbed.

UMaam - Everything alright Utkarsh?

U (trying to manage) - Yes mom. Main baad mein milta hoon. Kuch kaam reh gaya.

Utkarsh hugs Urmila ma'am before he leaves. As he leaves, Urmila ma'am turns towards the trophy case. She looks at the picture (Prathick Rajput's). She moves her hand gently towards a young girl holding a young boy by his neck and smiling while the boy was looking at someone else. Below them read 2 names "Urmila Ganguly" and "Umeed Ganguly". She remembers

[Flash back]

Around 25 years ago, in the streets of Kolkatta, Umeed and Urmila were seen sitting outside their house on the stairs,

Um - Ab Warrior High kyun jaana di? Sab ko chodkey?

Ur - Umeed. This is our way out. Tum samaj kyun nahi rahe ho? Warrior High jaakey maa baba ka help hi toh kar rahe hai. Scholarship mil jaayegi toh 2 saal ki fees nahi bharna padhega. (Excited) And Warrior High. Humhari poori life change kardeygi. Acha college. Achi job. Humhari future set ho jaa'ega. Try karkey toh dektey hai.

Um - Teek hai. Try kartey hai.

Ur - Really?.

She hugs Umeed from sideways just like the picture.