Episode 85 - Heard through the Grapevine

[Flash back resumes]

Utkarsh and Krissan lock the terrace, give the key to the peon, and walk through the corridor.

K (excited) - To be honest, I never expected this, but working with Trish is really fun. Humne itne ache ache designs banaye. You'll see soon.

Screen pauses: Only Utkarsh's voice is heard explaining Krissan's words to Vidurshi. "Remember the protest, one of the changes requested was changing the dorm clothes. Especially for girls. Summer ke liye theek hai. Par winters ke liye warmer and longer clothes chahtey hai. So Krissan and Trishna drew out some 4-5 designs for both boys and girls; And then teachers and students voted on the most liked design which was pitched as the idea in the project proposal"

Vi's voice "Oh wow. But what about my vote"

U's voice "Design kab ki kab confirm hogaya. Tumhare vote ka kya? Gaya... Ah back to the story"

U - I'm really excited to see your designs.

K - Thanks. But Utkarsh, why are you coming with me?

U - I know Mainey kaha ke main kisiko humare break up ke baarey main nahi batha'onga. Par Angela ko bathana padhega.

Krissan's expression changed and she looked unpleased.

U - Kab se blackmail kar rahi hai. Main Krissan ko yeh batha dhoongi. Main Krissan ko woh batha dhoongi.

K (surprised) - Wow! I'm a subject of a blackmail. I'm honoured.

Krissan and Utkarsh laughed for a while and then Krissan realized,

K - Well?? Then why aren't you going to meet Angela?

U - Wahin toh jaa'raha hoon. Angela tum sab ke saath hi hogi na. Project Proposal group sab saath kaam kartey hain right?

K - Yes. But I haven't seen Angela since breakfast. Aur waise bhi I don't think she's part of the group. 2 din se aayi hi nahi.

U - What? Then where is she?

Krissan shrugs expressing that she didn't know. Utkarsh started looking concerned and remembered how she had been acting strangely for a very long time.

U - Angela ke saath ho kya raha hai? Ajeeb behave karti hai. She told me she's going to meet you guys. If you think about it, she's been like that since last semester, achanak gayab ho jaathi hai, achanak wapas aathi hai. Mujhe lagta tha shayad medical room gayi hogi, par wahan bhi nahi hoti. What do you think is happening with her, Krissan!

Utkarsh was looking straight ahead as he pondered. The Expression on Krissan's face changed and,

K (fast, restless) - How am I supposed to know? Why are you asking me? It's not like I know everything.

Seeing how Krissan was acting, Utkarsh felt like she knew something and questioned her. After his continued persual she decided to answer.

Krissan remembers and narrates: Every night, as Krissan goes to bed, she sees Angela writing letters.

"At first I thought she was just writing letters for the Counselling mail [A system of counselling through letters were introduced in Warrior High for students who wanted to express their feelings and get counselling keeping their identities undisclosed.] A lot of people write to that. But reading the replies so often that too blushing and smiling." Krissan sees Angela smiling as she read a letter. Krissan wonders what is making her blush.