Episode 133 - Goodbye, Mentor!

While the students were busy doing whatever they were doing, Angela got on to the front (stage) in front of the huge screen. DING! DING! Angela hit her soft drink can with a pen that made the students turn to her,

A - Hi guys! I want to make a toast.

Angela said with an embarrassed smile as the students gathered around. Aditya sir and Vidurshi who were picking up every message and photos as decorations joined in such that Aditya sir was in the front.

A - Charles Dickens said "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again". In a few days, we'll be telling Goodbye with a painful and heavy heart but with hopes of meeting again.

Angela smiled, as she started with her toast,

A - I'm sure all of us remember the first day Adi sir came to school. Humey se kisiney expect nahi kiya ki humari nayi English teacher itney young, smart aur handsome hongey. Aur sir ki entry, koi hero sey kam nahi hua tha. Kyun girls?

Angela reminded the girls of their crazy behavior back then,

A - Back then, bohat si log ney socha hoga, itni bhi filmy baney ki kya zaroorat hai. But being filmy is the reason that those incidents have become such wonderful memories. From that day until now, Adi sir has been more than a hero to us.

"Me?" Aditya sir exclaimed with a funny expression as he was called a hero.

A - Iss ek saal mein, aapney humarey liye bohat kuch kiya hai. When we messed up, you stood for us. When we gave up, you motivated us. When we did childish things like food fight, instead of being a teacher who shouted, you were someone who laughed along with us. And with you, we made a lot of memories, School trip, Drama and even the birthday "actual" bomb.

The students were reminded of all the incidents they went through and how they had so much fun along with Aditya sir.

A - You're the reason we're all here together. You're the reason we stopped fighting with each other. (confused) Stopped is not the right word to use. Reduced fighting teek rahega. And whenever we had a problem or an issue, that we knew of or that we didn't know of, you also helped us out of it. You taught us that life is never short. You taught us to work hard but always remember to have fun in between.

The students all nodded to what Angela said while Aditya sir smiled

A - Iss ek saal mein, you were a lot of things to us. A teacher, An advisor, A Mentor, A brother, A friend and to some even a love guru.

Hearing the last bit, Sid and Vidurshi started giggling while Aditya sir looked at Angela wondering if she had to tell the last bit. Angela laughed as she understood what Aditya sir was thinking.

A - Hum jaantey hai ki aap apney life mein ek bohat bada step ley rahe hai. And so, on behalf of everyone, I wish you all the very best. And hope you'll remember us just like how we will always remember you and the teachings you've imparted upon us. Thank you for being the best teacher and most of all.....a great friends. Thank you Adi sir. We'll miss you. To Adi Sir!

Angela raised her soda tin forward along with the rest of the class who raised whatever they had in their hands, be it water, juice in plastic cup, etc. Aditya sir looked around flustered and happy to receive so much love from his kids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next day went by fast. It was the twins sweet sixteen but there wasn't much of a celebration as they had spent the previous day partying and their final exams were starting on Monday.

On their birthday, the twins wore their matching birthday dresses. When friends twin wearing similiar clothes, can't twins do the same, they said. The only celebration were distributing chocolates. And even during that distribution, it was Vidurshi giving the chocolates while Vidyut studied hard to top. During her birthday, Vidurshi tried hard to avoid Rohan who was intentionally behind her throughout the day knowing that she was running away. He was never to be the one who studied before exams, so he found himself a enjoyable hobby for the day.

Soon, it was Sunday morning, Jasmin was seen inside Aditya sir's room as he packed up all his things,

Jaz - Done?
Adi - Yep! Let's go!

Aditya sir looks around his room one last time before walking out. As he walks out, he sees the gang standing few steps away from his room,

Jaz - And I thought your send off was already over.
S - Party is done. Par send off toh abhi bhi baakhi hai. Kyun Adi?
Adi - Adi?
Ro - Haan! Ab toh tum humari teacher nahi rahe, Adi.
All - Yes, Adi.

All of them teased Aditya sir before he, with a funny expression, acted like he was going to hit them. The gang laughed along with Aditya sir and Jasmine. While Jasmine had one of his suitcases, the gang picked up the rest to walk him out.

<Music continues - Teri Dastaan (Hitchki)>

Thankful to the gang, Aditya sir along with Jasmine started walking from the staff quarters to the school along with the gang by their side.

Chanda Tak Pakka Sa Rasta Banana
Jo Aye Dil Ek Din Ka Yeh Qissa Nahi
Band Dil Baahon Ko Hai Khulna Sikhaana
Jo Aye Dil Ek Din Ka Yeh Qissa Nahi

As they walked by, the other students who also stood by the corridor, classes joined them. Jasmine smiled at Aditya sir seeing all this to which he responded with a smile. On the way out, he also sees Anwesha ma'am standing outside her room. He goes to her and touches her feet to get her blessing. Near the stairs, the teachers along with Urmila ma'am stood there smiling to send Aditya sir off.

Mmm… Hmmm…
Ho Na Purani Teri Dastaan…

As Aditya sir keeps his luggage in Jasmin's car, the each member of the gang remembers their time with him - Sid putting his hand on Aditya sir as he stared; Angela hugging him as a thank you for her article release; Vidurshi talking to him sitting in the parapet; Rohan, Vidurshi and Utkarsh looking at Aditya sir for help in the principal room on New year's last year; Playing truth or dare on his birthday; Laughing as Jasmin fell on Aditya sir during an activity in the trip; Getting shouted at the hospital after Sid and Siyali went missing during the trip; Laughing at Aditya sir's comment after he scolded Sid and Siyali for fighting on stage; Talking pictures during the food fight; Having fun during the jogging; Singing and dancing along in the campfire; Getting the motivation speech during Karishma and; finally him showing his hand and the gang putting their hands on top of his before they cheered for Warrior High (during Karishma).

The students stood by the corridor and the entrance of Warrior High. Before getting in, Aditya sir finally turns back to the students who stand looking sentimental but with a smile on their face. Aditya sir waves to bid them farewell.

The screen turns into a drawing of the young man turning to the school and waving his hand as he stood by the car. The speech bubble near him said "Good Bye".

[The last page of the story book given as gift]

-----------------------------------------------------------------