Chapter 83 : I'm all ears

[10 days later]

Phone rings in the office of Warrior High and Vidyut is called for. He walks into the office, wishes the receptionist and picks up the phone.

Vd - Hello? (Pauses) Rohan? I thought you would be flying.

Ro - I'm in transit. Vidurshi.... (Pauses) theek nahi hai.

Vd - What happened?

Ro (worried) - She seems to have high temperature. (Unsure) And I think she's having nightmares in her sleep.

Rohan looks at Vidurshi who was lying down on a sofa in the Airport lounge and giving expressions as though she was having nightmares.

Ro - Maine yahan kisiko bathaya nahi. If it's anything serious, I don't think they'll let us travel.

Vd - She probably has Sinus. Switzerland mein baarish hui thi kya?

Ro (stunned) - That's what you want to know? It's summer Vidyut.

Vd - Use chodo. Remember the little box I gave her before you guys left. Usme tablets hai. "Sinarest". brown colour. Just make sure she takes that.

Ro - Okay. Landing ke baad airport se seedha hospital le jaa'tha hoon.

Vd - Aaaa. No need. Hospital jao ya nahi, 2-3 din mein theek hojati hai.

Rohan was about to keep the phone when,

Vd - Rohan!! Don't worry

And Vidyut hanged up. Rohan's PoV "Why on Earth would I worry? Par worry toh Vidyut ko karna chahiye. It's his sister." Rohan was confused as to how how to over protective Vidyut was so cool with his sister being sick. She probably has these often.

Few hours later, they landed in India. As they rode their way to school, Vidurshi was holding onto Rohan's arm and lying on his shoulder almost unconscious. Rohan wipes the sweat off her face and looked concerned. It was almost midnight when they reached the campus. Vidyut was waiting by the entrance. Seeing the car arrive, he rushes to the them. Vidurshi gets out of the car after Rohan. Seeing her slip weakly, Vidyut runs to her but she is catched by Rohan who takes her in his arm. Vidyut takes the luggage and follows Rohan.

Rohan puts her in the medical room bed and covers her with blanket. Vidyut looks at this, turns around and gives an awkward expression.

Leaving her luggage at the medical room, Rohan and Vidyut walk to the boys dorm.

Ro - You don't look that concerned.

Vd - Ya. This happens sometimes. Sometimes Vi thoda overexcite hoke baarish mein bheeg jaati hai but sukati nahi hai. And she gets these fever headache combo. Issi liye maine poocha ke baarish huyi thi ki nahi?

Ro (realising, thinking out loud) - Ah. Baarish toh nahi hui. Par bheegi toh thi.

[Flash back]

At the food court in the airport, Rohan and Vidurshi were sitting across a round table,

Ro (tired) - It's been 10 days Vidurshi. And you still won't tell me.