Episode 144 - Absence makes the heart grow fonder

In the medical room, Siyali was looking at Sid as he sat next to her along with the plate. As Sid takes a peice of chapathi and brings his hand in front of Siyali's mouth,

Si (embarrassed) - Mere left shoulder mein chot hai.
S - I know.
Si (embarrassed) - Main khud khaa sakti hoon.
S - I know.
Si - You don't have to....
S - I want to.

Siyali looked at Sid as he answered to her blantly. With an awkward expression, she accepts the food and let's him feed her. As she chews her food slowly, she watches Sid as he took a piece for himself. As he continued to feed her and himself, a surprised Siyali continued to watch the expressions on his face and eyes. She remembered Sid's expression that he usually had whenever he was helping her - It was either a flirting or romantic expression. But now, Sid looked obliged.

As Siyali continued, Sid had washed his hands and the plates in the medical room bathroom. He leaves them on the table near by where he was supposed to leave and helps her with the tablets. He gives her the tablets and feeds her water to drink. He then dusts the blanket around her and fixes it before he leaves,

S - Okay. Good night.

He turns and walks to the door when,

Si - I'm sorry Sid.

He stops,

Si (feeling bad) - Meri wajase tumhari mom...
S (stern) - Unki yeh halat ki wajah woh khud hai. Aur koi nahi. Tumhe sorry bolney ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.

Siyali takes a deep breath and

Si - Iss pal ka intezaar bohat dhinon sey tha.

Sid turns towards Sid,

Si (emotional, unhappy) - Jab sab ko mere Siyali honey ka patha chalega. Jab mere zinda honey ka sach patha chalega. Jab bhi main iss pal ke baarey mein sochti thi, mujhe laga sab ko bathaney ke liye bohat kuch hoga. Khaas karkey tumhe. Par ajeeb baath hai, "Sorry" ke ilawa bolney ke liye kuch hai nahi. Tumhe itna dard diya hai mainey. Jitney bhi maafi maang'oon khaafi nahi hai.

Sid looked into Siyali's eyes with a painful expression,

Si (regretful tone) - I'm really really sorry, Sid. Main tumhe koi bhi taqleef deyna nahi chahti thi. Kasam sey. Par....

Sid who was looking around to hide his tears looked at Siyali and saw that she was in much pain as much as he was in. He knew how she felt. It hurt to hurt the person you love which is when he remembered,

S (mature) - It's okay.

<Music - Agar tu hota (Bhaagi)>

S (hurt, guilty) - Main jaanta tha ki tumhari har ek baath ke peechey koi na koi wajah zaroor hoga. Par yeh nahi jaanta tha ki itna bada wajah hoga.

Sid looked at Siyali with bright red eyes and feeling embarrassed and guilty that all of Siyali's sufferings were due to his mother, he couldn't meet her in the eye for more than a few seconds. With eyes looking down, he gave a fake smile and walked outside the room leaving Siyali feeling sympathetic.

After Sid leaves, Siyali feeling sorry for Sid and wondering why their fate was tangled in such a miserable situation, switches off the light, lies on the best and rolls to one side.

Meri raahon mein padeÂ
Tere pairon ke nishaan
Ne kaha, ne kaha
                        As Sid walked by the empty, low lit corridor, he remembered when his mother affectionately told him that she cared about him.

Teri saanson se judi
Meri saanson ki wafa
Ne kaha, ne kaha
                        He also remembers when his mom looked at him with tears in her eyes and asked him to stay away from Siyali which he obliged to due to his love for his family. This resulted in him hurting Siyali and telling her he had no feelings for her.

Girte un aansuon mein
Kuch toh tujhsa lage hai
Inn ashqon mein main na hota
                        As he walked by the office room, he wipes the tears off his eyes remembering how he found his mom and Siyali in a complicated situation. And finally the look he gave her before she was taken away by the police.

Agar tu hote toh, na rote hum (x4)
                       Meanwhile, Utkarsh was sitting down on the dorm bathroom's floor. As he looked down at his books, Tears kept falling on the pages which he wiped away to continue studying.
On the other hand, Sid was also lying on his bed looking up and crying. Noticing someone watching him, he hides his tears by keeping his left forearm on his eyes.

<Music>
                       Sid imagines a perfect like where Urmila maam sitting in between Utkarsh and Sid in the sofa, laugh watching a movie; during an early morning jogging, Urmila ma'am and Sid turn back to see Utkarsh struggling to fun with a funny expression and cheer him on to come fast; Urmila ma'am sitting by the table and admiring as Utkarsh and Sid tried to cook for her; In the farm house by the beach, Urmila Ma'am training with Sid for boxing wearing focus mits while Utkarsh filmed this and Anwesha ma'am commented on the progress; Siyali, Utkarsh and Urmila ma'am cheering for Sid while he participates in the boxing tournament; All of them along with Anwesha ma'am going to a restaurant to celebrate Sid's victory and clinging their glasses together with each of them having smiles brighter than the other person.

Bin tere dekhun main, zara sa lagun
Gham se hi aaj kal, bhara sa lagun
Chhod de saath na zindagi meri
Soch ke baat ye, dara sa lagun
                       In the mess, the gang looked at the brothers feeling incomplete as Utkarsh sat on a different table and studied as he ate while Sid sat with them and ate like nothing was wrong. The gang remembered how their table was the most noisiest and fun table where there was always something or the other going on. They felt sad seeing their friends and themselves like this.

Girte un aansuon mein
Kuch toh tujhsa lage hai
Inn ashqon mein main na hota
                         Sun raised and set, days went by, and Everytime Sid and Utkarsh passed by they acted like they were a stranger to each other. Anwesha ma'am stood in middle and watched then approach her and smiled, but the two of them just passed by and walked to the opposite directions making her upset.

Agar tu hota toh, na rote hum (x4)
                       Urmila ma'am was seen sitting in the interrogation room looking lost while she was questioned. While Sid and Utkarsh continued to give the exams, they missed, day after day and it was getting clearer that Utkarsh avoided Sid and Siyali while Sid avoided Utkarsh and Siyali. Meanwhile a stressful Anwesha ma'am attended call after call, trying to fix the mess that was created.

<Music>
                      In the exam hall, Siyali looks to her left and sees Sid as he wrote his exam. She could see him scratching out lines continuously and looking frustrated. On the outside, Sid was trying to be calm and mature, and didn't show his emotions. But in his heart, Sid was hurt, confused and in grief. Siyali then looks at her right to see Utkarsh who was seriously attempting his paper. Seeing Utkarsh frequently rubbing his eyes, she understood that he has been studying all night, preparing for his exams. May be this was his way to cope up to the situation. May be Utkarsh thought if he was smart enough, he could help get his mother out of jail. Siyali turned front and into her paper. Her mind was distracted with the thoughts of the two most important boys in her life. She felt helpess.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Precap:

In the medical room, Utkarsh sat on the bed opposite to Siyali and,

U (emotional) - Main jaanta hoon ki tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Main jaanta hoon ki tumney bhi bohat suffer kiya. Mujhse aise tumhe avoid nahi karna chahiye. Par aisa lagta hai ki agar main tumhara dost raha, toh main apni Maa ki beta nahi rahoonga.