Ralph & an s/o who praises him HC's

Ralph is very insecure, as you all know. He doesn't believe in himself at all and continually scolds himself much about everything and that's why you decided to help him see himself as a better person.

First praises made Ralph feel confused. You were only friends that time and Ralph didn't know that there would be someone who thinks about him in such a good way.

He blushes at your praises and tells you that you're nice when you are saying that, but that he doesn't believe in them himself.

You still keep praising him and showing all kinds of affection, so he would begin to feel he's a better person.

That leads to Ralph having a massive crush on you.

And you felt the same way, you had had a crush on him since the very beginning.

You ended up kissing and Ralph smiled for the first time for several days straight.

When he's got that anger/panic mix attack when something doesn't go as planned, you nearly force him to be hugged by you, because only then he will calm down before breaking something. You soothe him if he shouts that he's stupid, you kiss his hair when he mutters that he's not good enough for you and you deny everything he says about himself.

"Ralph, you are not stupid. You are more than enough for me. You are the greatest boyfriend the world has ever known."

You continue praising, hugging him from behind and kissing him as a surprise. Eventually, he gets used to that, earlier he was nearly attacking you because he thought you were some other human coming to hurt him.

Eventually, praises make Ralph feel like maybe he's not as bad as he thinks he is.

And day by day, those tantrum-like attacks will become rarer and rarer.

And eventually, they vanish almost completely.

After some time of saving money, you decide to buy Ralph something special to show him he's done so much process in controlling himself. He loves children, but children are often scared of him because of the condition of his face. So you bought Ralph a face-fix treatment.

Ralph was a bit nervous about the upcoming process, so you stayed by his side the whole time, squeezing his hand, while his face was being fixed and his eye replaced.

After the fix, there's some tiny mark that there's a new skin on top of the old (eg. his other half of the face is a bit dirtier than the other), but children aren't scared of him anymore and it makes Ralph so happy.

"Ralph looks normal again, now children won't be scared of him anymore! Ralph loves Y/N, now Y/N and Ralph can go play together with kids!"

So, your long work on praising him, kissing him and encouraging him on things make things a lot better. For both of you.