1. The interview.

Britta smiled as the woman walked in to her office, she had already made her mind up before the interview even started that the job belonged to the woman now standing in front of her. Britta had decided that after many busy years working with Sebastian Vettel it was time for her to take a sabbatical and was now searching for a temporary replacement. "Good afternoon and welcome, I'm Britta." Britta extended her hand for the woman to shake.

"Hello, I'm Chloe Houghton, I'm so excited to meet you!" Chloe couldn't stop the big grin from spreading across her face as she shook Britta's hand, "I've wanted to meet you for so long, I've always admired your career."

"Well looking at your CV I've been very keen to meet you myself, please take a seat." Britta gestured to the seat in front of her desk, at the same time taking in Chloe's appearance. Her wide leg black trousers and cream sleevless top looked professional. Her long auburn hair was smoothly styled, her make up subtle but making her green eyes stand out. Chloe's CV had indeed been a standout among the others Britta had seen today. She had started in F1 at a very young age working for Fernando Alonso but what stood out for her was her stints working for a certain seven times world champion along side Sabine Kehm in 2006 and then again in 2010. That, along with the glowing references from Sabine herself is what had made Britta's mind up, "So Chloe, tell me a little about yourself and what makes you think you're right for the role of Sebastian's PA/PR." And so the interview began.

                              ~*~

Britta opened the door of Sebastian's impressive home a couple of days later and stepped through. She sighed to herself, Seb hadn't taken the news of her departure too well even though she had stressed it wasn't permanent. Now she had to tell him she had found her stand in. The atmosphere wasn't brilliant and Britta knew one of Chloe's first tasks would be to release a statement in the New Year on behalf of Seb announcing his separation from his long term partner and mother of his two young daughters. It had been agreed they would at least give the children a final Christmas together before they moved out with their mother in to a new home half an hour away that Seb had bought for them.

"Hi Britta." Seb walked in to the large lounge, he looked a little tired, "How did the interviews go?"

"Well, I've found someone." Britta replied as she watched Seb flop down on to the sofa.

"Oh." Was the only reply he gave her.

"C'mon Seb, don't be like that. I need this time for me and my husband, you know that and I've found you an excellent stand in." she started to feel frustrated as Seb looked through his phone, "Her CV was fantastic, she's worked for Michael." That got Seb's attention.

"Schumacher?" He looked up, suddenly very interested.

"Well how many other seven times world champs do you know?" Britta sat down next to him and pulled Chloe's CV from her bag, she handed it to Seb and he began looking through it.

"I expect she had the job before you even saw her, you're right this is good."

"So you would be up for meeting her?" Britta asked hopefully, "She flew to Italy just to see me and she'd be willing to come here to meet you, she's single, no kids and no ties and she's very committed."

"Yeah, give her a call and she can come here. I'd want her to meet Antti too. You know I don't want you to go but I trust your judgement when it comes to things like this and if you say she's good then I'm sure she is."

"Thank you for handling this news so well, I was kind of dreading it!" she gave a nervous giggle.

"Is she attractive? How old is she?" Seb grinned.

"She is quite attractive, not sure she's your type, she's not blonde for a start. If you read her CV properly you would see she's 35 so a bit older than you but that's good, she can keep you on your best behaviour!"

"Are you saying I'm difficult Britta?" Seb teased.

"Not much!" she laughed.

"I'm going to miss you so much, we all will." His face fell for a moment.

"I'll always be there for you to call me Seb, you know that. You can always talk to me when things get tough at home." She pulled Seb in for a hug, "And I'll miss you and the girls too, loads, but I'm sure we can meet up and I'll come visit when you're home."

"Seb!!" a womans voice called. Seb sighed and got up.

"Go and see what she wants and I'll call Chloe and get a meeting set up."