119. Intervention.

Seb parked his rented Maserati carelessly at the curb side in front of the Sheraton Hotel and jumped out, he bolted into the foyer with Antti not far behind him, not even bothering to lock the car. He hadn't got time for such small details, not right now. The dark haired receptionist looked startled as he came to a stop and slammed his hands on her desk.
"I need the room number for Stephen Cole." He looked at her, now wasn't the time for a jobsworth receptionist to be in his way. She arched a brow at him, keeping her cool.

"I cannot just give out names and room numbers of guests sir." She replied back airily.

"No, no, no. You're not getting it, I need that room number. He'll be booked to stay here." He shot back impatiently.

"I'm sorry but I cannot give out names and room numbers to anyone, there's a Grand Prix on and a lot of important people staying here." She replied, making eye contact as if to emphasise her reply.

"I know there's a race weekend on, I'm a fucking driver!" He raked a hand through his hair, his eyes darting around until Antti stepped in front of him.

"Hi." He gave her his best smile. "I'm sorry for my driver's rude attitude, but we believe that his wife is here having an important meeting with Mr Cole?"

"So?" The woman shrugged and Antti put his arms out to stop Seb from getting in front of him and really losing his shit at her.

"We've had some really bad news from her family and we've tried to contact her but she won't answer her phone. Basically her parents have just died in tragic circumstances...." He briefly stopped as he heard Seb give a pointed cough and an angry jab in his back, obviously not liking the story he was spinning the receptionist. "We need to get her on the next available plane back to London. Please...." He stepped closer to the desk, giving her a worried frown, he could see the woman was wavering. "....we need to break the news to her." Behind him, Seb was holding his breath. The woman looked torn, knowing that it was breaking security protocol to give out guest information but Antti was putting on a convincing performance. "Please, we need to get her home to her grandmother, the poor woman is all alone dealing with the death of her daughter and son-in-law. She'll be devastated if she misses this flight." Antti watched as she tapped on her computer keyboard and sighed in defeat as she leant forward, not wanting to be overheard.

"Room 721." She said quietly.

"Thank you." Antti grasped her face with both hands and planted a smacker of a kiss on the astonished woman's lips before whispering the number to Seb who bolted across to the lifts. The doors opened, they both stepped inside and Antti waved and blew the receptionist a kiss as the door glided shut.

"Ok, don't milk it." Seb nudged him and allowed himself a smile as the lift took them up to the seventh floor.

"So what's your plan?" He asked.

"No plan, I just want to get her out of there. I just want her safe. But I'll do whatever it takes." He replied as the doors opened. He walked quickly along the corridor, scanning every door number until they saw the one they were after. Now all he had to do was get Stephen to open the door. He stood for a moment, himself and Antti either side of the door, he could faintly hear music playing, a track he recognised and one that he knew would be all too familiar to Chloe. Before he could move Antti knocked loudly on the door. He shot his trainer an angry look, this wasn't some kind of game or scene from a movie he was re-enacting, this was real. His wife was in there with the man who had once raped her, it could just as easily be happening again. The door opened with a click, just an inch or so and then shut. Antti knocked again. This time Seb was ready to strike. A minute later it opened again, just a fraction more than last time but enough for him to jump in and jam in his foot in the door while Antti put all his weight behind it and barged into it, nearly knocking Stephen off of his feet and letting Seb dart inside. He froze at the sight in front of him and his heart dropped into his stomach. There she stood, trembling with fear, trying to cover her breasts with her hands, a pool of black silk on the floor surrounding her feet, her eyes wide open, her face pale, an angry looking mark on her neck, a little blood on her bottom lip where Stephen had bitten her, visible faint new bruises forming on her breasts where her hands hadn't quite covered and red finger sized marks on her hips. She looked almost exactly like he'd imagined her to look the morning after that night when Stephen had drugged her drink and raped her. It was heart wrenching to see but at the same time Seb couldn't not look, it was like looking back into her past, standing beside her as she'd looked in the bathroom mirror, realising what had happened to her while she'd been knocked out and unable to say no. The need to get his own brand of justice for his wife returned and it was stronger than it had ever been before. This vile, sick, twisted monster had to pay.